PDA

View Full Version : Reds Uniforms Ad - Vintage

suave1477
01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Came across this ad and thought this might be of educational interest to some members here who may collect Uniforms of the 1919 era or anything else. This Ad was in the 1919 Reds World Series Yearbook.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/diamondsportscompany/4rf.jpg

AWA85
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
This question is Reds related so I thought I would throw it in here... I am thinking about making my first trip to Reds Caravan stop in Indianapolis, will they be selling some game used items there or will there be any dealers the website says they are only there for 2 hours.

Only reason I really want to go is because Brandon Phillips and Tom Browning are supposed to be there. Let me know if anyone has ever been to any of these and how are they?

pietraynor
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I've been to a few on the Reds Caravan stops in the past, in Columbus, O., Wheeling, WV & Lexington/Louisville, Ky. Never had any game used items available, but it is fun to attend..A few years back they handed out team sets by Kahn's for free, gave away other items. It's always fun to hang out w/ the players & easy to get autographs, but I'd suggest going early if at all possible, it usually gets pretty crowded no matter where they go! Hope this helps, Jay.

David
01-10-2008, 10:31 PM
The old Sporting Lifes are filled with ads for baseball equipment from Goldsmith, Reach, etc, often picturing the products. The Sporting Lifes were about two subject and two subjects only-- baseball and hunting.