PDA

View Full Version : Negro League autograph!!!

suave1477
02-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Hello Vintage, I went to another baseball autograph show today at the sameplace I went last time and that same Negro League Player was there. This time I figured I would talk to him a little more about baseball.

He name is Robert Scott he was a decent pitcher, he played for the New York Black Yankees from 1946 - 50, and several other teams. He also played along side with Satchell Paige.

Pretty cool!!! I thought I would update you on the info.

I dont know if your interested but he is selling a bat autographed by some of the last survining players includng Buck Oneil who is supposed to be going into the Hall of Fame.
There is a total of 9 Autographs on the bat.
Let me know if your interested?

vintagesportscollector
02-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi Suave. That must have been interesting to speak to Mr. Scott. I looked up his career and where he played and who he played with, and it was pretty noteworthy.

I'm not interested in the bat as I don't collect autogrpahs, but other's on he Forum probably would be.

Thanks!
-Joe

suave1477
02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Hello Vintage yeah but like I said with him its not like your just sitting talking basball about the old times. Your sitting with him and every other word out of his mouth is so would you like to buy the bat, or would you like to buy an autographed photo. Or even he talks about the players of the Major Leagues how they wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Negro Leagues. Whether all that is true or not you can imagine the conversation of me trying to talk baseball and him talking everything else.