PDA

View Full Version : dalcowbiill...anyone know about his herschel walker??

rinkrelics
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I am looking at a herschel walker from this seller...any comments?? Many thanks, skipHERSCHEL WALKER GAME USED / GAME WORN JERSEY!!! - eBay (item 350011467847 end time Jan-05-08 22:49:31 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350011467847&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123)

dafivehole
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Just look at the pic in the listing... the jersey he is wearing is pretty long and "not" cut off like the one he is selling...

:rolleyes:

aeneas01
01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
regrettably i've found that ebayer dalcowbill has little problem misrepresenting items - i say regrettably because he gets his hands on enough authentic/quality items that i would think he wouldn't be interested in stooping to such levels. i've corresponded with him on several occasions and am certain that from time to time he knowingly tries to pass off facsimiles as authentic. anyway, if interested, you can do a forum search to locate my dealings with this ebayer...

cohibasmoker
01-06-2008, 10:00 AM
regrettably i've found that ebayer dalcowbill has little problem misrepresenting items - i say regrettably because he gets his hands on enough authentic/quality items that i would think he wouldn't be interested in stooping to such levels. i've corresponded with him on several occasions and am certain that from time to time he knowingly tries to pass off facsimiles as authentic. anyway, if interested, you can do a forum search to locate my dealings with this ebayer...

Richard,

I was interested in a Aikman jersey that Mr. Bill was offering. Since the tail was cut and no tags were left, I sent him a email asking if he had any documentation on the jersey? His first response was a very simple, "No". When I asked again, his had a similar response.

Pissed? Not at all. I'll just take my money elsewhere.

Jim

mvandor
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Could not find a Cowboys pic of Walker wearing a cutoff on Getty. Practice jersey perhaps? Additionally the vastly different color of the NOB on this one stands out to me as a concern as far as a game worn. Again, could that indicate a practice jersey?

Seller does seem to get a ton of Cowboys stuff, much of which appears legit, and Dallas IS a franchise known to have sold their unis to market for some time, probably the easiest team to get stuff on.

gridman80
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Could not find a Cowboys pic of Walker wearing a cutoff on Getty. Practice jersey perhaps? Additionally the vastly different color of the NOB on this one stands out to me as a concern as far as a game worn. Again, could that indicate a practice jersey?

Seller does seem to get a ton of Cowboys stuff, much of which appears legit, and Dallas IS a franchise known to have sold their unis to market for some time, probably the easiest team to get stuff on.

I met Dalcowbill years ago at a show in New Jersey. he had a load of Cowboys 'game worn stuff', including Emmitt's . A couple of tables away Emmitt Smith's parents were selling Emmitt books andmemorabilia. They were very friendly, down to earth people (not surprising given that his dad was a bus driver) Anway I asked Emmitt's dad to take a walk with me over to see his son's stuff at another table. Mr Smith took a look and gave me a very emphatic, "No way" while shaking his head....

lund6771
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
from my understanding...since his first couple of years in the league Emmitt has kept most of his equipment for a rainy day...

I'm sure it's possible that a couple got out, but that'd be about it...Also the Cowboys equipment only recently became easier to get...not when Emmitt or Herschel played

I personally don't trust any of this guys stuff

Blake
01-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I've had really good experiences dealing with Bill. I purchased a few items from him, including a Shante Carver Double Star, Marion Barber jersey(w/provo id) and a silver Chris Canty helmet (w/ visor and provo ID).

I thought that prior to using specific practice jerseys, the Cowboys' cut their gamers from the prior year and used them as practice jerseys..

Gerald