PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for a jersey to....

brianborsch
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Is it possible for there to be two jerseys for the same player from the same season without set tagging? I have a case where I have seen two home jerseys for the same player both without set tagging. They are both from Steiner. What makes it even more interesting is this same player had a road jersey from Steiner that had set 1 tagging.

So the weird things are: how come there are two 2007 jerseys without set tagging, and how come the home jerseys don't have set tagging, yet one of his road jerseys do?

TFig27
01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
could you please post pics of the 2007 road jersey with set tagging. i just picked up two of these, neither with the set tagging.

thanks

mvandor
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Theory? Player didn't like the feel of tags and removed them on jerseys he actually wore, but not on jerseys that were backups that never made it to him.

Just a theory.:p

brianborsch
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
That theory doesn't hold true because his road jersey had the set tagging, and the road jersey is mlb authenticated as game used.

It just would make sense that if he had 1 road jersey with set tagging he would have a matching home jersey.

The jersey is from the Dodgers and all jerseys have the "Property of the 2007 Dodger" tag on it.

TFig27
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
That theory doesn't hold true because his road jersey had the set tagging, and the road jersey is mlb authenticated as game used.

It just would make sense that if he had 1 road jersey with set tagging he would have a matching home jersey.

The jersey is from the Dodgers and all jerseys have the "Property of the 2007 Dodger" tag on it.

Ah, no need for the pictures, I thought you were talking about a Yankee jersey