PDA

View Full Version : McGwire bat and jersey on EBAY

whatupyos
01-03-2008, 09:47 PM
The bat has 256B stamped but no batch number or year...can anyone comment on this? Is that common?

The jersey I question the #2. I have never seen it curl up like it does at the end, it should be flat. I've been to spring training a few times in the 90's and never saw a jersey like that to my rememberance. Again can anyone comment on that? Rudy? Possibly you, since I know you collect a lot of A's jerseys. I emailed the seller yesterday and have heard nothing as of yet.

Aaron

hblakewolf
01-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Aaron-

The B.P. in question looks good, however, I'd like to see a closeup shot of the RAWLINGS on the sleeve and also the flag patch. I sent the seller 3 emails about additional photos, and also about his return policy (it's not mentioned in the description). After 3 emails and 10 days later, I received the following two word response, "NO RETURNS".

I have no way of knowing if this is a legit MAC 1990 pregame, however, I'm not interested in bidding.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

hblakewolf
01-08-2008, 08:14 PM
The link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARK-MCGWIRE-GAME-USED-1990-AS-BATTING-PRACTICE-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ110210848040QQihZ001QQcategoryZ501 17QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whatupyos
01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, kind of makes you wonder with no returns! However, you feel comfortable with that #2? I don't, never seen it go up, it should be flat in my opinion! I never received a responce from the seller either, I asked for more photos as well. Can you, Howard, produce a photo of Mac or any other A's player from 1990 with the #2 tailing up at the end...its a font I have never seen on a legit A's gamer.

Aaron

hblakewolf
01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Bill Henderson's guide has a 1990 pre-game, #24. I agree that the 2 on Bill's jersey does not have a tail as high as the 25 McGwire, but I'd like to see more examples before making a conclusion. I agree-locating photos of other pre-game 2's from 1990 is extremely difficult. I'll keep looking.

Regardless, the NO RETURN policy eliminates any chance of me bidding on such an item.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Billyu40
01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Check out the 2 on the green jersey on this image at getty (72953858). Its the same. Im not sure this is a real jersey but I think the 2 is the same. I am leary of anyone saying no returns. Also take a look at this gettys image(280231). Its shows him wearing a similar jersey. It even has the rawlings tagging on the right arm like the one on eBay.