PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Braves fanfest next weekend....who's going?

kylehess10
01-03-2008, 06:26 PM
So who plans on attending the Atlanta Braves fanfest next week? I plan to be there on Saturday atleast an hour and a half early so I could get into the Chipper Jones (or maybe Teixeira) line, or I might just go in and grab all the cheap game used they might have.

Here's some info on it:

The Atlanta Braves will hold what the team calls their "largest FanFest ever" on January 12 and 13, featuring a multitude of activities for the family, including some aimed at collectors. The event will be held at the Georgia World Congress Center for the first time.
From 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, January 12, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 13, Braves fans will have the opportunity to meet Braves players, alumni, and top prospects, collect autographs, play interactive games, participate in skills clinics and shop for Braves memorabilia and merchandise.

All activities once inside Braves FanFest 2008, including autograph sessions with Braves players, coaches, and alumni, will be free.
Braves memorabilia, including game-worn Braves jerseys, autographed baseballs, bats, photos, lineup cards, and game-used equipment will be on sale at the Atlanta Braves Foundation Community Corner. New in 2008, the "Community Closet" will feature an array of collectible items on sale for what the club calls a "substantial discount" as the Braves clean their closets to make room for new memorabilia in 2008.
Three autograph stations will feature a rotating marquee of Atlanta Braves players, coaches, alumni, and top prospects from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday.

Fans can stop by the Atlanta Braves Photo Station to pose for photos with Braves players, coaches, alumni, and top prospects.
Tickets for the event are $12 in advance at $15 for walk-ups.

GoTigers
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Im pretty sure I'll be there. Do you know where that Corner Clubhouse is that they mentioned? The only places I know to get GU stuff is in the CNN Center and at the stadium in the Hank Aaron Room...

kylehess10
01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Im pretty sure I'll be there. Do you know where that Corner Clubhouse is that they mentioned? The only places I know to get GU stuff is in the CNN Center and at the stadium in the Hank Aaron Room...

It's probably just a booth at the Congress Center. The only places that I know of where you can get game used from is the CNN Center and Turner Field like you said, and besides the Fanfest, I know that there's some people that have hook-ups to buy big-name player's jerseys direct from the team, but I was never told how these people get put on the list.

Kid4hof03
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if Ron Gant will be signing as part of the alumni?

Abe

kylehess10
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know if Ron Gant will be signing as part of the alumni?

Abe

They haven't come out with a list yet of players to attend, but I'm guessing that they're probably going to wait until the day of the Fanfest. Last year, when everyone was waiting in line an hour early, people came out and handed out the schedules of who was signing and where.

89ASMVPBats
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Kyle,

If you come across any old Leo Mazzone jerseys or hats, you've got a buyer in me.

Thanks,
Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

joshfields
01-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Waited in line for 4 hours to be able to get an auto for son from Chipper?
Any ideas or rumors who's going to be there? We are going Saturday and Sunday..

perlman9
01-08-2008, 09:55 AM
If they have any throwback jerseys for a decent price, i would love to add one to the collection if someone can help out...

GoTigers
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Yo Kyle,
I've never been to one of these before, how early should I arrive to get some good GU stuff? Also, what are the prices like on jersey's, bat's, etc.?

kylehess10
01-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Yo Kyle,
I've never been to one of these before, how early should I arrive to get some good GU stuff? Also, what are the prices like on jersey's, bat's, etc.?

Last year I got there 2 hours early and the line still had about 100-200 people in it. The game worn jerseys were commonly priced at $100, and they had some jerseys which appeared to be issued for $60. Game worn hats were $5

GoTigers
01-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, that's early... Fyi.. i found this earlier

Braves players who have said they'll attend include: Smoltz, Jones, Glavine, Lopez, McCann, Francoeur, Lopez, Teixeira, Chuck James, Kelly Johnson, Matt Diaz, Buddy Carlyle, Mike Gonzalez, Jeff Bennett, Blaine Boyer, Will Ohman, Chris Resop, Joey Devine and Royce Ring.
Coaches expected to attend include Roger McDowell, Terry Pendleton, Brian Snitker, Chino Cadahia, Frank Fultz and Alan Butts. Some of the top former players expected to participate are Sid Bream, Marquis Grissom and Brian Jordan.

kylehess10
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow, that's early... Fyi.. i found this earlier

Braves players who have said they'll attend include: Smoltz, Jones, Glavine, Lopez, McCann, Francoeur, Lopez, Teixeira, Chuck James, Kelly Johnson, Matt Diaz, Buddy Carlyle, Mike Gonzalez, Jeff Bennett, Blaine Boyer, Will Ohman, Chris Resop, Joey Devine and Royce Ring.
Coaches expected to attend include Roger McDowell, Terry Pendleton, Brian Snitker, Chino Cadahia, Frank Fultz and Alan Butts. Some of the top former players expected to participate are Sid Bream, Marquis Grissom and Brian Jordan.

I love you!!! :D :D Finally a list!

GoTigers
01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey, this is my first fanfest.. i've got a couple of GU jerseys I'd like to get signed, and inscribed Gu '07. Whats the best way to go about this? Do some players refuse to sign GU? Do they want to see the MLB Hologram, or Letter from the team? Or do they sign GU on anything you ask them to?

kylehess10
01-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey, this is my first fanfest.. i've got a couple of GU jerseys I'd like to get signed, and inscribed Gu '07. Whats the best way to go about this? Do some players refuse to sign GU? Do they want to see the MLB Hologram, or Letter from the team? Or do they sign GU on anything you ask them to?

I'm not sure about that one.....I too was thinking about the same thing with Brian Jordan, being that I was thinking about having him sign his game worn jersey from 1999. I wouldn't be surprised though if they have restrictions at the fanfest to what the players inscribe. There's a chance they're not allowed to inscribe anything on it, being that the lines are going to be packed and in the thousands, and they want to get through with them as quickly as possible

kylehess10
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
btw- If anybody is going to be in Atlanta for the night, then you should also go see Monster Jam which is going to be held on Saturday night at the Georgia Dome (right next door) which starts at 7:30 (right after the Fanfest is over). Tickets are only $10......I already know I'm gonna be there. If you don't know what it is, it's simply a HUGE monster truck show, only held once a year, and they have all the famous drivers instead of the knock-offs you see at other monster truck shows. It's a lot of fun.

And if they charge parking at the Fanfest, and it's too much, then I know a good spot for you guys. Most parking garages in Atlanta cost $10-$20 a spot, but if you park right next to the Tabernacle, they have spots for only $5 for the whole day.....just a heads up incase the Braves charge ridiculous parking charges. The Tabernacle parking is the cheapest I've found in Atlanta, and it's right next to Centennial Olympic Park, making it a quick walk right over to the Congress Center for the Fanfest. If you want exact directions to the parking lot, just lmk.