PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the info - BUT...

bigtruck260
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I just read ANOTHER thread where someone has quoted forum rules inappropriately after a member has asked for advice about an auction item. In the past weeks, I have noticed vigilante postings to other forum members about bump rules, etc.

Guys, there are moderators who track the forum, and a link at the top of the thread list to contact them if someone is violating a rule. I know we are given special "gifts" like the FOR SALE forum, etc. And I would bet that 95% of the forum members follow the rules.

THIS IS MY OPINION - nothing more or less:

When you complain in a thread about a violation, unless it is something blatant - you are making yourself look like a little kid who is snitching on others. Most of the time, when a rule is inadvertently broken...

Like a misunderstanding in the "bump" rule or an extra editorial comment on a questionable item

It is usually noted by the mods and often edited. If the mods leave it alone, it appears that they are giving the poster the benefit of the doubt.

This forum is a great place - but man, over-policing by some is just getting nutty. If you have a problem, email the moderators. Don't try to embarrass someone publicly who is probably trying to make a contribution or ask a question...

Sorry about the vent.

Dave

Vintagedeputy
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Dave,

I assume that you are refering to the thread I started about the Rams helmet. As you can see by my wording, I in no way questioned the seller or anything regarding authenticity (its a GoodWill auction, for Pete's sake). I merely asked what the knowledgable helmet collectors here thought of the lid. For some reason, someone took it upon themselves to be the GU police and chastise me for my post.

Next time, I just wont ask.......

Jim