PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year! ! ! Resolutions?

Yankwood
12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
I would like to wish all forum members a very Happy New Year and remind everyone that if you are venturing out tonight, do so responsibly and don't pull a "Leyritz".
Also, being an avid bat collector, I would like to thank everyone who has bought, sold, traded or gave me wood in any way this year. I've made some good moves and some bad moves but it remains fun so I guess I'll do this for another year.
I am curious though, if many of you have any "plans" on altering, expanding or paring down your collections this coming year. I have changed midstream so many times now that I have resigned myself to the fact that I have no discipline and now buy, trade or sell anything when the moment arises and to have a "plan of attack" is pointless. Other than the old Rochester Red Wings flannel jerseys which I ALWAYS grab when the opportunity (scarce as it may be) comes up.

Vintagedeputy
12-31-2007, 12:34 PM
I have thought about moving some pieces in my collection. Haven't decided on anything concrete, but I plan to do something. I have so much non gu stuff that is occupying a ton of space.

skyking26
12-31-2007, 01:27 PM
We all go thru changes. I have bought items that were "untouchable" in others collections and have done the same. I have available 2 items right now:

*Jim Thome GU Cooper uncracked bat. Early 90's. Pine tar and ball marks prodominently on one side of the bat. $350 ppd.

*Mark McGwire GU Stars 1986 Home Jersey, signed on front and collar. $3000 or best offer.

ALWAYS looking for 1968 and 1984 Tiger GU bats, Dave Kingman, Jim Thome and Adam Dunn game used.

Robert Koppel
skyking442@hotmail.com

TNTtoys
12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
I have two New Years Resolutions if I were to keep them limited to this hobby...

1. Patience. When Steiner sends me that price list and I see a new item that I would love to add to my collection, I jump at it... and then I kick myself when I see similar being offered at half the price a couple of months later. If only I waited!!!

2. More Focus. I try to stay within the confines of the 1980s Mets but have a hard time turning down the occasional current item that comes my way. I have to be a little more vigilant here!!!

bigtruck260
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I need some wristbands! I think that main thing with my stuff is to organize everything at least once a year, and change out displays, etc.

I might start going after some milestone type items, depends on $$ of course.

Dave

kylehess10
12-31-2007, 04:58 PM
I would like to thank everyone who has bought, sold, traded or gave me wood in any way this year. I've made some good moves and some bad moves but it remains fun so I guess I'll do this for another year.

:D :D :D :D :D

Sorry but I just couldn't resist

JETEFAN
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Happy New Year to all as well, This comming year I will be adding a new theme to my collection. It will be the "Steroid Cub", that way whenever a new Report, Book, or snitch comes out, I will probably already have the bat.....saving me a few bucks!!:D :D :D :D :D

Cheers,

George

geoff
12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Happy New Year to all.I just moved into a Condo a few Months ago and want to get all my Game Used Stuff set up and displayed the way I want to.I know its going to take a while but I plan on doing this over time this year.
I already have a Locker with Orioles Game Used Items that I have set up but am not done that yet.

And maybe find a few people in Baltimore to trade a few Game Used Items with this year.

Thanks
Geoff

geoff
12-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh and this Year get myself a David Ortiz Game Used Bat.

34swtns
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
My resolutions include finally getting the new music/sports room built onto the house which will require me to slow WAY down on GU collecting.

Also, chocolate and soda are OUT.......gotta lose 25 lbs. this year.

Here's to a prosperous New Year for all! ;)

island_style
01-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Happy New Year to all of my fellow Forum members!

Great post! We all make resolutions (or, at least think about making them), so why not share them with our extended Forum family?

Here's mine: (in no particular order)

Streamline my collection and sell the other items that are otherwise taking up space in my condo (and have spilled into my storage unit).

Continue to recognize that marrying my wife is the best thing to ever happen to me.

Continue to be patient with my one year old son and two year old daughter. This, is a huge challenge. Eric, this is what you have to look forward to.

Learn to be more disciplined at the plate and wait on the ball a little bit longer to hit towards the opposite field when needed.

Devote more time to the local charity I helped with in 2007. (Lokahi Giving Project, for those of you in Hawaii).

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com