PDA

View Full Version : Wade Boogs bat Need Help

SkubeBats
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Hello,
I have a Wade Boggs game used bat from 1986-1989 Louisville Slugger. It's a C235 that is 34 1/2 inches long and weighs 30 oz. I was wondering if these measurements and weight be correct for a Boggs game used bat. I bought this bat from John Taube about 12 years ago. Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks!
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

metsbats
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Hello,
I have a Wade Boggs game used bat from 1986-1989 Louisville Slugger. It's a C235 that is 34 1/2 inches long and weighs 30 oz. I was wondering if these measurements and weight be correct for a Boggs game used bat. I bought this bat from John Taube about 12 years ago. Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks!
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Jamie,

Can you post photos of this bat? Please include a photo of the knob and barrel end.

Look forward to seeing this bat.

Thanks
-David

metsbats
12-29-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/blog/post.php?topic=114

Jim C has a great write up on Boggs bats on this Forum's expert section.

MSpecht
12-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi Jamie--

Between 1/8/86 and 12/19/89, numerous orders of Model 235C (cupped end) were sent to Wade Boggs for his personal professional use. 99 % of these bats were 34.5 inches in length, with the single exception of one order of 12 34 inch C235C bats on 9/12/86. All orders to Boggs were 32 ounces in weight, and were Flame Treated (with the exception of one order of No Finish.)

The difficulty with Boggs bats of this period is that literally hundreds of bats were produced for Baseball Miscellaneous and Baseball Promotions, often with the same dimensions as above, both with a specified weight (presumed to be for Boggs' professional use) and without a specified weight (promotional). Hundreds of others were produced for various promotional entities such as Anaconda Kaye and Hamps, often with similar or the same dimensions and finish.

As Jim Caravello pointed out in the thread below, Boggs was very much a player of habit, and any bat from this period should be looked at very critically with regard to his personal player characteristics. Note also that there is no documentation in Boggs' personal records that he ordered any Model C235 bats that did not have a cupped end for his professional use.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=13135

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com