PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu Jersey - Is it the same one???

beantown
12-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Are these the same jersey's appearing 7 months apart, with the latter showing game wear to include repairs and a shortened tail? The neck tag appears to be an EXACT match...thoughts anyone?

b.heagy
12-29-2007, 05:39 PM
the tags look the same to me.

bondsfan
12-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree. They look the same and that is very disappointing to me as I am the one who purchased the Grey Flannel jersey. I have sent an email to Richard with a link to this posting and requesting a refund.

While I don't think Grey Flannel has done anything wrong here, I do believe their consignor has doctored the jersey. The chances of the tags being the exact same on different jerseys is 1 in 10 million in my opinion.

thanks,

Coveh

bondsfan
12-29-2007, 05:52 PM
By the way, great catch Chris. great catch.

otismalibu
12-29-2007, 07:22 PM
While I don't think Grey Flannel has done anything wrong here, I do believe their consignor has doctored the jersey.

Geez, I wonder if this has ever happened before. Probably not, eh? Too many safeguards in place to prevent something like this from happening.

kingjammy24
12-29-2007, 08:23 PM
i concur with others that the tags are the same. each side has the same number of stitches, each stitch is identical in shape and placement. you couldn't reproduce such an effect with a sewing machine if you tried. it would be next to impossible.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5947/sillyib0.jpg

coveh, please let us know what GFC says! as for them not doing any wrong, you'd think that if they have the cojones to call themselves "the world's foremost authenticators", then they'd be able to spot doctored repairs/use.

rudy.

bondsfan
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
guys, i emailed GFC tonight, requesting a refund, saying that I am sure nothing was intentionally done wrong.

please see their response below, verbatim.

all they said was, "get lost creepy"

I am speechless.

>From: GFCSPORTS@aol.com
>To: covehsolaimani@msn.com
>Subject: Re: Problem with Polamalu jersey
>Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:25:23 EST
>
>get lost creepy
>

lund6771
12-29-2007, 11:51 PM
WOW!!!!!

This thread should be kept on top of the board with a sticky, and renamed to "Grey Fannel Polamalu" to show what jerks these guys are!!!!!

I'd be making plans to go to Chicago to visit these guys at the National

mvandor
12-29-2007, 11:58 PM
How many examples need to be compiled before a fair judgement can be drawn on the lack of professionalism and honesty at GFC?

bondsfan
12-30-2007, 12:24 AM
I have reached out to them again and will let you know what their reply is.

I will say that if we don't work things out amicably, i do plan on contacting the FBI, Michael O'Keeffe at the NY Daily News, the NBA, the Basketball Hall of Fame and NY Better Business Bureau. I do not plan on just letting this go.

I was more than professional in my contacts with them and I expect the same courtesy.

The funny thing is, prior to Chris' posting of the matching tags, I was interested in buying GFC's Lynn Swann Pro Bowl jersey because I have always wanted a Swann jersey.

I will keep you guys posted and will post their next response. I will say the content of my reply to them is basically what you see here.

bondsfan
12-30-2007, 12:28 AM
One other point about this, is that refunding me the money would only cost them $420 or so. It is the consignor that would really be losing out as he should, unless it is GFC that bought the jersey and doctored it themselves, which I am in no way implying.

You would just think that with only $420 on the line, their integrity, their reputation, would be at least worth that much to them.

For those reasons I am still confident that they, as a company will do the right thing, and i am optimistic that the person who sent me such an unprofessional reply was just an employee of GFC, and not the owner, Richard Russek.

bondsfan
12-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I heard back from GFC and they are going to refund my money.

"We will return your money on Wed after the New Year and never let that consignor do business with us again although he might have been duped himself."

hblakewolf
12-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Bondsfan-
Please contact me off line regarding this thread.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

kingjammy24
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
I heard back from GFC and they are going to refund my money.

"We will return your money on Wed after the New Year and never let that consignor do business with us again although he might have been duped himself."

coveh,

hopefully you'll get your refund. let us know. apparently GFC's "all sales final. no returns. items sold 'as is'" policy isn't set in stone. it's a little odd to go from them telling you to "get lost" to issuing you a refund.

although it's of no consequence to your end of things, i am a little curious about where the refund money is coming from. if you have the jersey, then i'm assuming the consigner has their money. i'm guessing the consigner has their own "all consignments final. no refunds. items consigned 'as is'" policy. so does this mean that GFC is eating the cost?

mastro has recently begun posting which of their lots are owned by employees of the auction house. personally, i was really surprised by how many there are. you'd think it'd only be a few but there were tons of items. i'd like to see mastro also divulge which of the lots are owned AND authenticated by lampson. anyway, in the same vein, i'm curious how many lots in GFC's auctions are owned by GFC employees.

in a way, it's ironic to see scammers dumping their garbage into auction houses and collecting the profits the same way that many of these auction houses dump garbage onto collectors. 'round and 'round it goes.

rudy.

bondsfan
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Rudy,

I haven't received the jersey from GFC yet and i don't believe the consignor has been paid yet either. I sent my payment in before the holidays and it was only recently cashed, right before christmas, so with the "obligatory" 10 days to clear, they hadn't sent my jersey.

I have faith that they will provide the refund without issue based on their last reply to me.

Happy New Year.

Coveh