PDA

View Full Version : Collection "Divisions"

bigtruck260
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
So, I 've been collecting Cardinals stuff for 25 years (everything).

My collection is set up kind of like this:

10% Absolutely untouchable
20% Will move if the need arises or trade for something more rare, etc.
50% Bought to eventually sell or trade for other Cards items
20% Bought solely for the purpose of making an eventual profit

Does this sound stupid? If it does, try this one on...

I have actually purchased items in the past for "RENT". Meaning I really want to have the item in my posession, but it is probably out of my financial means. I just want to get a closer look at it and keep it around for a while...maybe put it on display and then send it off to someone else after a few months (kind of like a museum). It may make a profit, and then again - it might take a small loss..(ugh.)

Was wondering how everyone else views their collection, and how often things are changed out - or if anyone "rents" items temporarily.

Try not to be too harsh, I know this post is a little neurotic.

Dave

suave1477
12-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Thats not stupid at all I am sure all collectors in someway have a notion of how they want to see there collections grow for future purposes whether its for themselves, to trade or for profit.

My collection goes a bit something like this a tad different from yours but still in categories.

1 - Darryl Strawberry Game Used 40%
2 - Yankees Game Used 30%
3 - Favorite players Game Used from misc teams 10%
4 - Game used items for sale to either aquire other items for my collection or for profit 20%

bigtime59
12-27-2007, 10:17 PM
The genesis of the collection is Orioles game used. I've attempted to get full sets (home, road, alternate) from every year, starting with 1989.
Second level is #59 jerseys of all types.
Third level is other teams jerseys.
Fourth level is minor league jerseys.

Almost about nothing is untouchable, for the right price, if the right replacement is available.

Cardinal rule of collection: no effin' pinstripes. Ever.

And I do buy to sell...on occasion.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com