PDA

View Full Version : Bat TUBE Display Ideas ?

Jays1fan
12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Just wondering if Anyone here uses the Bat TUBE Display cases and how you go about displaying them Horizontal ? Do they make Holders to hold the TUBES ? If you have any pictures that would be great. Looking for a cheaper way to display 3 bats horizontal.

bigtruck260
12-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Pennzoni Display makes some really good ones.
Do a Google search.

Dave

Jays1fan
12-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Pennzoni Display makes some really good ones.
Do a Google search.

Dave

They did Not have anything like I am talking about.

nomarmauerfan
12-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Check for a thread that we had on bat display cases about 2 months ago. I think it was Harpt who posted a link on a company that made bat tube displays. If you can't find it, I'll check later when I have more time. Good luck.

Mike

harpt
12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Here's the link Mike referenced.

http://www.wagnerbats.com/otherproducts.html

bigtruck260
12-27-2007, 05:01 PM
They did Not have anything like I am talking about.

Ah, sorry. I thought you were talking about something like this:

Jays1fan
12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Here's the link Mike referenced.

http://www.wagnerbats.com/otherproducts.html

That looks pretty good. I wonder how it mounts to the wall though ?

bigtruck260
12-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I ended up using vertical tubeless displays after the tube displays seemed to clutter my office, which is pretty small compared to others I have seen here. I have to be modular and a little creative.

I think the display from Pennzoni is one solid piece (with mounts attached) - and it mounts like a picture frame (requiring two screws, bolts or nails.)

I only know this because I owned a three bat case from them - and for me it did not work out because of the size. I did look pretty cool though, and was a solid display.

Dave

bradleysupplies
12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
I have a very cheap solution I have used to display bat tubes. Go to www.woodlogic.com (http://www.woodlogic.com) and click on their "Fishing Rod Rack" . Feel free to give them a call or see if they sell them at your local hardware store. I think they retail for around $15. The pegs SNUGLY fit each bat tube.

Joel

kingjammy24
12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=11905

rudy.

eGameUsed
12-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Here are some various photos of my room. I can possibly have these made for you if interested. They are hand made and made form red oak or pine, depending on how extreme. My father has a source for any wood type you would like. He made one not too long ago from mahogony and even one from ebony (very $$$). They can be made for single bats, two three, or as many as you want. My father's latest design is very easy to attach to any wall. They are braced on the back by two 1" x 4" (on top and bottom and middle if needed). You drill the wholes for the screws based on where your studs are located. Let me know what you think!

Jays1fan
12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Here are some various photos of my room. I can possibly have these made for you if interested. They are hand made and made form red oak or pine, depending on how extreme. My father has a source for any wood type you would like. He made one not too long ago from mahogony and even one from ebony (very $$$). They can be made for single bats, two three, or as many as you want. My father's latest design is very easy to attach to any wall. They are braced on the back by two 1" x 4" (on top and bottom and middle if needed). You drill the wholes for the screws based on where your studs are located. Let me know what you think!

WOW !! That is some AWSOME Collection / Room . I like the Bat Holders too ! How much for one that holds 3 Bats ?? If Pine is the cheapest that is cool. ALSO , I noticed the "Blue Jays" Hat ! Is that Game Used ?
Scott
jays1fan@aol.com

eGameUsed
12-29-2007, 11:32 PM
WOW !! That is some AWSOME Collection / Room . I like the Bat Holders too ! How much for one that holds 3 Bats ?? If Pine is the cheapest that is cool. ALSO , I noticed the "Blue Jays" Hat ! Is that Game Used ?
Scott
jays1fan@aol.com

Scott,

Thanks for the compliments! Many years of accumulating and collecting and a very understanding wife. I do have some prices for the bat racks. E-mail me offline if interested. I think they are very reasonably priced considering they are custom made. My father is retired from NASA (yes . . . he is a rocket scientist), and does it as a hobby/keep him busy. He is actually working on starting a display furniture business for his other hobby; museum quality ship models. I spoke to him tonight and he would love to make some more racks. He also takes a lot of pride in every step of the process. He even makes his own shipping boxes that are incredibly. Guarantees you will get it in perfect condition. Shoot me an e-mail, or anyone else that may be interested!

As for the hat, yes, it is a 2001 Jose Cruz Jr. hat. I have a source within the Cruz family because of "Cheo" Cruz (Astros coach). I obtained that hat as well as batting gloves and a 2001 Jays jersey at the end of the 2001 season.

Thanks,

kylehess10
12-30-2007, 12:06 AM
That Everett bat is a beauty!!

WadeInBmore
12-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Understanding wife for sure!!! I just pulled the girlfriend in the room to check out the picks. Thanks! Who's bat has the red 12 wristband...that pine tar and yellow color of the bat look awesome! Also is that an early Worth Frank Thomas bat underneath it? Beautiful room and awesome collection.

-wade