PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Boggs Yankees gamer?

10thMan
12-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Interested in opinions on my new 1996 Boggs Gamer. No ball marks past the back center barrel. Uncracked... comments?
Thanks,
Sean

Nnunnari
12-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Great bat Sean, looks like a great Boggs gamer, let me know if you're ever willing to let it go.

Nick
nunnari19@yahoo.com

bagbig
12-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Do you want to sell the bat?

gameused
12-26-2007, 10:48 PM
John Taube has a Bogg's Yankees gamer for sale on his site.

https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=3515

MSpecht
12-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Sean--

Jim Caravello is on vacation for a few days, but I am sure he will comment on your bat upon his return. In the meantime, for comparison purposes, here's a link to Andy Benish's excellent feature on Wade Boggs game used bats, in case you have not seen it before:

http://www.vintagebats.com/feature_page-Wade%20Boggs.htm

Happy Holidays

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

JimCaravello
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey Guys - Happy Holidays to all! I see Mike posted my piece from Andy's site - thanks Mike! Sean - that's a killer Boggs bat - markings, use, tar, etc. are perfect! Your bat is actually from the same batch ( 093 ) of bats as my bat from that year - take a look at the pics of my bat below......Great pickup!

Boggs only Championship year in 1996 - and he used quite a few two tone Adirondack bats such as ours that year - I have lots of pics from different games ( all 35MM unfortunately ) that I went to that year with him using these bats......Great find - notice the batch number on your knob compared to mine as well as the #12 - Boggs was a creature of habit - the way he wrote his uniform # on the knob - the placement of tar - the hitting area primarily on one side of the barrel - the right side as he held the label up........Congrads again!

Jim

10thMan
12-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Jim, Thanks...Wow, the use characteristics on both Bats are very much alike. Interesting to see the same exact Batch Code. "Creature of Habit" is right! Glad I posted a few pics.
Hi Mike/Nick
Happy New Year,
Sean