PDA

View Full Version : which bat would you rather own?

joecoco
12-26-2007, 07:35 AM
:rolleyes: having a lot of time on my hands recently, i was thinking of this yesterday in between helpings of turkey. would you rather own a bat that displayed very light game use, but the player had reached a significant milestone with it, or one which showed tremendous game use that was basically unimprovable? maybe this sounds crazy, but i would rather own the heavily used bat.... joe

cjclong
12-26-2007, 09:41 AM
If it was a major career achievement I would rather have the lightly used bat if it could be authenticated to the milestone without question, otherwise I would rather have a heavily used bat if uncracked than a more lightly used one.

Birdbats
12-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Let's see... Gwynn's 3,000th hit bat or just a well-used Gwynn bat. McGwire's #62 bat or just a well-used McGwire. The bat Yadier Molina used to beat the Mets in the '06 NLCS or just a well-used Yadi.

Milestone bat. No question.

bigtruck260
12-26-2007, 10:36 AM
WIll I be faced with a moral dilemma if I have the milestone bat? If I take the bat to a signing, will the player scowl at me - or will I be offered a sum to give it up?

I'll take the milestone bat. Worth the dirty looks.

Dave

eGameUsed
12-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I would have to go with the Milestone Bat. Something interesting to note, Craig Biggio always keeps 3 bats in the bat rack that have been cycled so they are all broken in and well used. I thought it was neat that the bat he used for his 3000th Hit was beat like the rest of his bats. See photo from the ceremony in which Biggio gave the HOF the bat, jersey, hat, and batting gloves from 6/28/2007, his 3000th Hit Game.

10thMan
12-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I`d get the milestone bat, almost every time. Lots of milestone bats don`t show much use though, so I understand the reason for the question. Hope everyone`s having a great Holiday Season!
Sean

cjmedina1
12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Well I would love to have a milestone bat if I had a choice and the price is right.I know Birdbats did share a great pitcher of a Mcgwire HR bat with me a few months back:eek::eek: and yes thats how I looked when I first saw it.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

WadeInBmore
12-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Milestone bat with out a question. I can appreciate a bat that shows tremendous use, however a milestone bat has a unique quality and story that accompanies it. Now if the milestone bat has ridiculous game use, like the said Biggio bat, then its double trouble. I think that owning a bat that has been split into two pieces would also be quite interesting to have in a collection...because it is unique.

-wade

geoff
12-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I love heavyily used bats but would rather own a Milestone Bat OR a World Series Or All Star Game Used Bat.I do own a All Star Game Used Bat of a Former Oriole.

kylehess10
12-27-2007, 03:37 AM
would you rather own a bat that displayed very light game use, but the player had reached a significant milestone with it, or one which showed tremendous game use that was basically unimprovable?

I'd go with a milestone bat. It ofcoarse would have more value and more of a story to go with it