PDA

View Full Version : Bronson Sardinha are you kidding me?

brianborsch
12-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Bronson Sardinha was designated for assignment by the Yankees and is now a free agent. Grey Flannel has his jersey from this year (with very limited use: 10 at bats and 3 hits!) for sale for like $1,300. I asked about any flex on the price as Sardinha may never pan out and they so generously brought the price down to $950?!? Granted thats a few hundred dollars off the list price, but for a player that was released and has a dim future? They must be crazy if they think they are going to sell it. Am I just wrong here? Someone please speak up!

Vintagedeputy
12-25-2007, 04:19 PM
very limited use: 10 at bats and 3 hits!)

well, he is a .333 career hitter! and his middle name is Kiheimahanaomauiakeo!

I think that GUU member Island style may have some input on why the price on Sardinha may/may not be right.

island_style
12-26-2007, 05:36 AM
well, he is a .333 career hitter! and his middle name is Kiheimahanaomauiakeo!

I think that GUU member Island style may have some input on why the price on Sardinha may/may not be right.

Whoa! An actual post about Bronson Sardinha?

He was originally an infielder, but the Yankees seem to be stocked in that area. So, he was converted to an outfielder. He has some speed on the basepaths, as well. As a call-up, he made his way onto the ALDS playoffs roster.

The subject road jersey was originally available through Steiner at $750.00. I'm guessing that the Grey Flannel offering of $1,500.00 was to double their investment?

I collect his items (and have many others in my Hawaii-players collection). But, Grey Flannel's offering of $1,500.00, or even $950.00, is a bit much for right now.

As far as his middle name, that's a two-liner on a Social Security card for sure!

Jim, good memory that I collect Sardinha items!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

brianborsch
12-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey Ron,

Thanks for the info. I figured it was too much as Bronson is not even with a team right now. Is there any reason why you collect Hawaii players? Are you from there?

I am from there. I would like to collect him, but that jersey is way too much. What kind of items of his do you have? I noticed that the knob on some of his bats are a little different from the norm. Is that true? Can I see pics of your Bronson GU collection?

Brian B

Vintagedeputy
12-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Whoa! An actual post about Bronson Sardinha?

He was originally an infielder, but the Yankees seem to be stocked in that area. So, he was converted to an outfielder. He has some speed on the basepaths, as well. As a call-up, he made his way onto the ALDS playoffs roster.

The subject road jersey was originally available through Steiner at $750.00. I'm guessing that the Grey Flannel offering of $1,500.00 was to double their investment?

I collect his items (and have many others in my Hawaii-players collection). But, Grey Flannel's offering of $1,500.00, or even $950.00, is a bit much for right now.

As far as his middle name, that's a two-liner on a Social Security card for sure!

Jim, good memory that I collect Sardinha items!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Ron,

I knew that you'd catch this thread quickly! It was easy to remember that you collect Hawaiian players. There's not too many collectors or players out there.

Aloha!
Jim

kingjammy24
12-26-2007, 01:49 PM
the pricing on the sardinha is nonsensical considering GFC is currently offering a game-used Pettitte (with Steiner certs) for the same price: http://www.greyflannel.com/sales_main_Detail.php?updateID=3075

apparently the jersey of a guy with a career total of 9 ABs is worth the same as a 2x all-star with over 200 wins.

"The subject road jersey was originally available through Steiner at $750.00. I'm guessing that the Grey Flannel offering of $1,500.00 was to double their investment?"

GFC is currently selling a 1983 lance parrish for $1100: http://www.greyflannel.com/sales_main_Detail.php?updateID=3076

it's the same one that recently sold in GUU's auction for $627: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/auction/lot.php?id=310

rudy.

Moustache Gang
12-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Posters,

Rudy and I have had conversations in the past about auction houses and businesses selling jerseys for well over their market value. For instance...Over the last year, the same 1968 gold Lew Krause Oakland A's flannel sold on ebay two different times for around $400.00. MEARS currently has this same jersey posted on their website at a price of $4,500.00!!! Typical A's flannels from '68 for non-stars and HOFers go for $600.00 to $1,000.00. I emailed Troy and told him I have dozens of A's flannels for sale if he is interested...I have not heard back from him.

Also of significant note on this jersey is that it scores a perfect "10" on the MEARS scale, yet it has a significant stain on the front right on top of the bottom button.

I thought MEARS reduced jerseys for stains??? I will check with them on why this jerseys rates a 10.

Mark

island_style
12-27-2007, 05:41 AM
the pricing on the sardinha is nonsensical considering GFC is currently offering a game-used Pettitte (with Steiner certs) for the same price: http://www.greyflannel.com/sales_main_Detail.php?updateID=3075

apparently the jersey of a guy with a career total of 9 ABs is worth the same as a 2x all-star with over 200 wins.

Rudy.

I agree about Grey Flannel's nonsensical pricing with regards to the Sardinha and Pettitte jerseys. Did you notice the "Need Help?" and phone number in their website pages? Maybe it's Grey Flannel that needs help with regards to the pricing between these two jerseys.

Jim,

Yeah, you're right. Not many of us Hawaii collectors out there, or Hawaii professional players. I'm trying to keep this a secret so that the Hawaii items prices are not driven through the roof on eBay. Shhh. This is just betwen you and me, okay?

Brian,

I'm here in Oahu. I sent you an e-mail about the Sardinha items in my collection.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year) to all!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

P.S. Just throwin' this out. Go Warriors in the BCS Sugar Bowl against Georgia! Weak schedule or not, it will be an interesting matchup.

pjbmd
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
After seeing those prices, I don't feel too bad about the price I paid for Johnny Damon's post season 2007 home jersey. It's photomatched to the homerun he hit. Although MLB and Steiner authenticated it for the post-season, there's no doubt in my mind that it saw heavy action during the latter half of the season and the MLB batter patch on the back is significantly faded
pjb

TFig27
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
After seeing those prices, I don't feel too bad about the price I paid for Johnny Damon's post season 2007 home jersey. It's photomatched to the homerun he hit. Although MLB and Steiner authenticated it for the post-season, there's no doubt in my mind that it saw heavy action during the latter half of the season and the MLB batter patch on the back is significantly faded
pjb

if you would be interested in selling it, please let me know.

even if not, i would love to see pics of that. my email is TFig27@aol.com

thanks
tom