PDA

View Full Version : Show me your 49ers stuff...

toddhead
12-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Looking through the items wanted thread I see a lot of people are collecting 49ers gear and seeing all the Jets stuff has made me jealous. I've seen some nice pieces from Roger Gibson and a couple others, but I would like to see them all posted here.

I know I've posted both of these recently, but I'll start:
http://www.honorcoins.com/JohnTaylorfront.jpg

http://www.honorcoins.com/JohnTaylorback.jpg

http://www.honorcoins.com/BrentJonesfront.jpg

http://www.honorcoins.com/BrentJonesback.jpg

toddhead
12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I know there are some 49ers shirts or helmets out there!

RKGIBSON
12-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Todd,

Here are some jerseys that I have owned in the past. All came from the NFL or 49er teams and had the respective paperwork.
94 Steve Young, home, 75th Ann. patch
95 Steve Young, away, Wilson silver Ann. sleeve shields
02 Garrison Hearst, Monday night home
05 Chris Hetherington, Mexico game

Roger

RKGIBSON
12-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Here is John Taylor's Superbowl XXIX jersey.

Roger

RKGIBSON
12-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Here is my '88 Montana, vs the Chargers.
One of my two '97 Steve Young's. This jersey was worn vs the Rams. On the Young, he rolled his sleeves up while playing. Where the stripes are screened on the outside, when looking on the inside of the sleeves this is like a finger print with the pattern created by the vinyl showing through the mesh. I was told which game it was used in when I got it from a player. Since there is no noticable visual repairs or wear I could only match characteristics. I ordered several pictures of the Ram game, the pattern of the rolled up sleeves matches perfectly.

Roger

toddhead
12-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I knew I could count on you Roger.... do you still have the Taylor Super Bowl jersey?

RKGIBSON
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Todd,
No, I do not have the Taylor. The pictures are from the late 90's.

Here is my '97 Kevin Greene. It is his first 49er jersey, worn vs Tampa Bay and the Saints. It is a highly modified jersey. The eyelet holes on the sleeve cuffs were installed so Kevin could tie the cuffs to his shoulder pads. He had holes drilled in his pads. This made the upper part of the jersey tight and hard to get hold off. He started this in his Steelers days.

Roger

toddhead
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM
That's an awesome Greene jersey. Should all his jerseys after he was with the Steelers have that type of modification?

RKGIBSON
12-27-2007, 11:23 PM
He started tying his sleeves in late '93 and stopped in 98 when he modified his shoulder pads to tighten the jersey. In '99 he went to smaller shoulder pads and a completely different jersey. The attached photos are of his '98 jersey. The eyelets are more like botton holes. The Steeler sleeves look more like the 49er jersey.

Roger

stovie
04-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Here is John Taylor's Superbowl XXIX jersey.

Roger

This is a fake JT still has his jersey......,. It is game used but not from the Super Bowl. John still has it at home in Clovis....
Craig

RKGIBSON
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
The John Taylor Super Bowl jersey was presented to me by the 49er fan club, a team store in the bay area as I understood it. I did not buy the jersey as I could not confirm it was actually use, and they wanted a lot of money. I do believe it originated from the team and was probably a backup, from my conversations with the owner. I did buy several game used jersey from that era from them, all had team certificates. This one did not. I do not know where this jersey is today.

Roger

Eric
04-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Fred Dean

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s194/ecky3/Game%20Used%20Collection/Football/Fred%20Dean/HPIM1922.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s194/ecky3/Game%20Used%20Collection/Football/Fred%20Dean/HPIM1923.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s194/ecky3/Game%20Used%20Collection/Football/Fred%20Dean/HPIM1921.jpg

stovie
04-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I was with the Fan Club from 2002 thru 2005 and brought all of the players in there from that time since I have been going to the facility as a guest since 1990 and have spent more time in that facility than some players. I grew up with Mike from the fan club and have been friends for 30 years with him but I can tell you I called john on saturday and hesays he still has it. I will get it from him and see if I cannot post the photos I am trying to get John to do an auction for all of his super bowl stuff.

Craig

References: Chris Cavalier and Jeff Larocca

Eric
04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
By any chance do you have connections with Fred Dean? The jersey I have has a giant repair going from collar to tail. I think it's from the game where Fred broke his collarbone. Was wondering if I could get him to look at a pic of it.

I'm always looking for other Fred Dean 49ers or Chargers items.
Eric

stovie
04-08-2008, 02:38 PM
By any chance do you have connections with Fred Dean? The jersey I have has a giant repair going from collar to tail. I think it's from the game where Fred broke his collarbone. Was wondering if I could get him to look at a pic of it.

I'm always looking for other Fred Dean 49ers or Chargers items.
Eric

i do have contact with fred.
craig

PK
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Holy Cow Eric, that has to be the biggest repair I have ever seen!!!! I did not see it the first time looking and had to go back after you mentioned the repair. Wonder why they repaired it and if he wore it again after the repair?

Craig, any leads on Fernando Bryant g/u jerseys as his no longer wiht the team?

Thanks

Matt

stovie
04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Holy Cow Eric, that has to be the biggest repair I have ever seen!!!! I did not see it the first time looking and had to go back after you mentioned the repair. Wonder why they repaired it and if he wore it again after the repair?

Craig, any leads on Fernando Bryant g/u jerseys as his no longer wiht the team?

Thanks

Matt

you mean antonio bryant? why would you want that stuff anyway.... knowing york bryan gilmore was wearing last year...
craig

PK
04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Sorry I was way off, As I also collect fernando Bryant and had just read he signed with the Pats I was thinking about him

Who I meant to ask about was Amhed Plummer #29. Sorry

niners
04-12-2008, 12:45 PM
ERIC...If you ever decide to part with your Fred Dean 49er jersey...I would love to buy it or trade for it. I am looking for 49er game used jerseys...old Wilson jerseys from the early 80's (1980-1983) before they went to Russell in 84/85.......also looking for 49er game used jerseys from 1996 and 2006 with the 50th and 60th anniversary patches....and anything pre-1980...jerseys and helmets. Thanks, Tom

mchmaj
04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
here is my priceless joe montana 49ers jersey circa 1980-1982
it show 4 to 6 repairs on the jersey and the repairs have patches to close the holes sewn together :)

stovie
09-16-2008, 10:40 PM
How about this I am meetig Chris C and giving him John taylors SB23 complete uniform and his sb 29 jersey all inscribed by John himself so there is no doubting the authenticity. you will see the stuff soon...
Craig

solarlottry
10-08-2010, 11:03 PM
There was an old thread of 49ers GU up about 2 years ago and since they are rocking the NFL this season i thought it was time to start a new one/resurrect the old one. I am gonna begin posting my entire collection in this thread and would to see other 49er collections.

I thought i would start with some 1994 throwbacks-all with team letters, some of which i have owned since 1994 and some i have acquired via various sources including GUU members (whom i am very grateful to for helping with my collection)

First a Steve Young worn against the Saints, Gary Plummer against the Cowboys with an eight inch repair and then a Bryant Young worn against the Chargers.

Much more to follow....

solarlottry
10-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Some more great shirts including a 1990 away Roger Craig with at least 10 repairs, a 1994 William Floyd TB worn against the Falcons with team letter and a Ricky Watters TB also worn in the same game with team letter. Also a Jeff Ulbrich rookie shirt worn on MNF in 2002 with team letter.

Always buying quality 49ers. Paul at garciajones@yahoo.com

solarlottry
10-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Lets see what else there is:

A Steve Young 1993 playoff shirt worn against the Giants with team letter

A 1994 home Steve Young TB worn against the Broncos with team letter

A 1994 TB home Harris Barton with multiple repairs

A non 49ers shirt although he played for them for a season-Rod Woodson Raiders gamer with a repair and hit marks (this shirt i would consider trading for a quality 49ers gamer)

solarlottry
10-10-2010, 12:43 AM
A few more good ones!

Deion Sanders TB worn against the Vikings with team letter

Steve Young 1997 home red but worn away in Tampa. This shirt is featured on that weeks SI cover. It also has the remains of the 50 year patch that was worn in 1996 and has a number change. The shirt is photomatched via getty images and you can see the outline of the old patch and number change while Young is wearing it.

John Taylor TB worn against the Lions with team letter and auto "game used 1994"

Richard Dent 1994 non TB with team letter and numerous repairs

solarlottry
10-10-2010, 12:49 AM
A few more shirts but of more current players:

Patrick Willis BCA 2009

Vernon Davis 09 BCA

Takeo Spikes 09 BCA

Justin Smith 09 BCA

All from NFL auctions with PSADNA paperwork and all with TONS of use and autographed.

2007 Vernon Davis home gamer from JO worn against the Rams

stdrwt11
10-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Do you know where I can find a Steve Young game used item? I have been looking forever and have not found any. Thanks.

Nice items by the way, I am a big Niners fan.