PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Reds Game Used Helmets

REDS1999
12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Would any collector be able to tell me the proper markings on the back of game used Cincinnati Reds batting helmets from the 1999 season? I have seen helmets with no numbers on the back and just the player's name applied with the typical applied typed tape (red or black). Was that typical for 1999.

Any information on Reds helmets from 1999 to present (as far as the year identifying characteristics) would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the time,

Tom

tknorm
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I have seen two 1999 Reds helmets: one I own, and one belongs to another collector. Both were used by Mike Cameron. Mine came through the Reds from Redsfest. Not sure on the other. Pictures of the backs are shown. Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any Reds items from Mike Cameron...

Happy Holidays!

VINTAGEREDS
12-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks So Much For The Response To The Reds Helmet Question. I Am Writing This From My Home Computer And Not My Work Computer From Which I Originated The Question. Since Cameron Only Played For The Reds In 1999 Your Photos Go To Show The Printed Tape Was Used That Year Instead Of Numbers Along With The 'abc' Logo On The Back. Could You Post A New Reply To This Thread Tonight And Tell Me What Size The Two Cameron Helmets Are That You Have?

Again, Thanks For The Photos And The Response. People Like You Responding To Collecting Questions Is What Makes This Site So Great And Valuable.

Happy Holidays To You Also.

Tom