PDA

View Full Version : Jose Canseco and the gospel truth

byergo
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM
If I were holding onto thousands of dollars worth of AROD stuff I'd be afraid, really afraid!

Everything, 100% of what Canseco has said publicly has been proven out to be true, and nobody has EVER challenged him legally. Why risk his credibility now?

You can rest assured that AROD is a roid cheat if Jose called him out, and weren't they teammates in Texas?

Nathan
12-19-2007, 11:48 PM
If anyone is interested in moving a bunch of rare Rodriguez stuff for cheap, let me know. I won't go over $100 for jerseys or bats.;)

Canseco has gone too far here. There are certain biological factors that can explain Rodriguez getting (slightly) bigger and in better shape and then being able to maintain it. Compare him at age 25 to age 31. Has he gotten huge? No. Has his body physically changed in a manner that is suspicious from roughly age 25 to today? No. Has his ability suddenly surged in an abnormal way? No.

Unfortunately, there are far too many who fancy themself "in the know" who have absolutely no idea about certain very basic issues related to steroids. These include:
1) The most rudimentary understanding of human endocrinology
2) The effects of a ballpark on a player's production
3) The natural ebb and flow of a player's ability over time (for those who have suggested that BRIAN FREAKIN' GILES was 'roiding up)

Tim Kurkjian made the statement a couple days ago that "human growth hormone doesn't help a user get bigger." Oh really? Besides the fact that growth hormone is the only hormone that can actually increase the number of muscle fibers in the body, everything about that is dead-on.

3arod13
12-20-2007, 04:24 AM
If I were holding onto thousands of dollars worth of AROD stuff I'd be afraid, really afraid!

Everything, 100% of what Canseco has said publicly has been proven out to be true, and nobody has EVER challenged him legally. Why risk his credibility now?

You can rest assured that AROD is a roid cheat if Jose called him out, and weren't they teammates in Texas?

Just another Arod hater.

sylbry
12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Just another Arod hater.

If Arod is actually found to have used performance enhancing drugs will you sell your Arod stuff like you did your Gonzales stuff?

And while we are on the subject what type of evidence would it take for you to believe he used? If I remember right a while back you said Juan Gonzales used roids but to my knowledge he never failed a drug test.

Just curious, that is all. For the sake of baseball let's hope Canseco is full of BS.

3arod13
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
If Arod is actually found to have used performance enhancing drugs will you sell your Arod stuff like you did your Gonzales stuff?

And while we are on the subject what type of evidence would it take for you to believe he used? If I remember right a while back you said Juan Gonzales used roids but to my knowledge he never failed a drug test.

Just curious, that is all. For the sake of baseball let's hope Canseco is full of BS.

Your comment: If Arod is actually found to have used performance enhancing drugs will you sell your Arod stuff like you did your Gonzales stuff?

My response: Not true. Just way too many players involved in the steroid era. Everyone would have to trash their collections. Yes, I would hate it if it's true.

My sole purpose of selling my Juan Gonzalez collection was mostly based on him continuously getting hurt. In addition, I did find out from a very reliable source (Hey, Juan's letter is on the stationary of Luis R. Mayoral -Juan Gonzalez's spanish interpreter...interesting) within the Texas Ranger Organization (Hey, isn't that Tom Hicks visiting my squadron?), that Juan was using steroids (proof in the Mitchell Report - that's factual information). Hearsay yes, but from a very reliable source. But with Juan continuously being hurt, I sold my collection (at the right time I may add).

I haven't defended Arod once. There just hasn't been any factual information (other than Canseco) that proves otherwise. I assure you, if provide is shown that Arod juiced, I would be very disappointed and would not defend him at all.

In closing, it's time to open the Hall of Fame door to Pete Rose!

3arod13
12-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I will say that if it was only Arod that was proven to juice, then you may be correct. However, there are just way too many players involved, including MLB, Team Organizations, and managers.

For those individual player collectors in this forum, who are very aggressive in contacting the player's team, calling the clubhouse, etc., they can agree that you get to know a lot of people. When I was collecting Juan Gonzalez, I got to know alot of individuals within the Texas Rangers organization.

With that said, I knew more than the average person. If you think about it, I sold my Juan Gonzalez collection well before the steriod issue became bid news.

joelsabi
12-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I will say that if it was only Arod that was proven to juice, then you may be correct. However, there are just way too many players involved, including MLB, Team Organizations, and managers.

For those individual player collectors in this forum, who are very aggressive in contacting the player's team, calling the clubhouse, etc., they can agree that you get to know a lot of people. When I was collecting Juan Gonzalez, I got to know alot of individuals within the Texas Rangers organization.

With that said, I knew more than the average person. If you think about it, I sold my Juan Gonzalez collection well before the steriod issue became bid news.

what month and year was the beckett feature? like to check it out.

3arod13
12-22-2007, 10:25 AM
what month and year was the beckett feature? like to check it out.

November 1997 - Issue #152