PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Reading.

sammy
12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
http://autographalert.com/news.html (http://autographalert.com/news.html)

yanks12025
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
I dont get this anymore. All i read now is people bashing PSA and JSA about how they pass fake items and what not. Now i hear that Ron Keurajian is one of the best autograph authenticators and also Richard Simons( i have nothing against these guys). If these guys are supposed to be the best why cant i find a place to send my items to them to get authenticated? I have looked.

yanks12025
12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
If these guys are supposed to be the best why cant i find a place to send my items to them to get authenticated? I have looked.

Nevermind my above statement i just looked alittle more and found the place where i can mail my items to them. Sorry, its my fault.

sammy
12-16-2007, 10:25 PM
About 9 years ago, there started a big battle between the forensic examiners and the current companies and/or nationally self proclaimed experts. The people that bashed the forensic examiners for making mistakes were on the side of the current noted companies/examiners. Their position was the forensic examiners made to many mistakes, so you should go with the dealer/hobby self proclaimed experts.

Well, as the years passed, a lot of authenticated forgeries and just plain garbage started showing up. Now these authenticated items were not by the forensic examiners, but by the nationally noted companies/authenticators. A lot of these mistakes were covered up before the general public knew, but a few knowledgeable people did know and kept records. As the years progressed, and these authenticated forgeries made it into the hobby, as well as the previous mentioned records, more collectors took notice.

Well folks, as they say, "What goes around, comes around", and everyday it keeps on coming back around.

Just remember, every time you point a finger at someone, you have three pointing back at you.

nyjetsfan14
12-17-2007, 12:41 PM
That was some great information and very eye opening, much appreciated! I'll never look at a PSA/DNA authentication sticker the same again (or any other company for that matter).

Fraudfinder!!
12-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Sammy,
I'm am curious, do you have a specific company or single person that you feel comfortable in as far as authenticating goes? The website autographalert is cetainly informative. If you could recommend one or two people you feel most comfortable with, who would they be?

sammy
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I personally don't recommend any single person or company.

There are a lot of politics and too many good old boy relationships involved. Ethics are secondary to money and position.

Just like game used items, learn and study. Don't depend on someone else's opinion.