PDA

View Full Version : Jose Canseco vs. Alex Rodriguez

3arod13
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Jose Canseco says he can't believe the one name missing from the Mitchell Report is Alex Rodriguez.

I think Canseco is jealous of Arod's natural ability.

Your thoughts?

Yankwood
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Jose Canseco says he can't believe the one name missing from the Mitchell Report is Alex Rodriguez.

Your thoughts?My thoughts are not whether he did or not, but rather, how sad it is that we now have to sit and wonder or speculate as to who did and who didn't. When I see Fernando Vina's name come up, I think to myself,"Who didn't?" I hope Arod's clean, but if he isn't, at this point nothing surprises me. My feeling is that if every team had a strength coach under the lights, several hundred names would be on that list. By the way, how's that Cano glove of yours?

kellsox
12-16-2007, 07:16 PM
People laughed at Jose when his book came out. It turned out a lot of what he said was true about steroid use and who was using. Who knows, maybe he has something on Arod

Bondsgloves
12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Why isn't AROD attacking Canseco? why is there not a slander lawsuit?
If he wasn't a user and he has all this money, don't you think he would go after Canseco through litigation?

Canseco was 100% correct with everyone else he has named. Juan Gonzlaez, Tejada, McGwire, Boone, etc.

Its funny, Arod is a guy who only cares about his stats and his money, he would be a prime canidate for performance enhancements.

Do you really think that he has that much talent where he can put up those incredible power numbers that are better than all the users?

I personally believe he's a user.

David
12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Canseco is a goof no doubt, but one would be short sited (or player biased) to not listen seriously to what he has to say. Remember that Palmeiro threatened to sue Canseco until Palmeiro tested postitive for steroids.

NYRangers
12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm a Mets fan but if Canseco had dirt on Arod, why was it not in his first book? Why hold back perhaps the biggest name in his "tell-all" story? Something smells bad with this accusation.

TNTtoys
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm a Mets fan but if Canseco had dirt on Arod, why was it not in his first book? Why hold back perhaps the biggest name in his "tell-all" story? Something smells bad with this accusation.
Perhaps Jose wants to sell more books?!?! Let's say he wants to plant a seed in the public's minds by throwing out hints like this one... and somewhere down the road he releases the "sequal" to his book... people would be buying this one in droves to see if Arod is an "honorable mention." My 2 cents...

JasonM33
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Ha!

3arod13
12-17-2007, 04:40 AM

Bingo! That's exactly what I was looking for. I agree 100%. There is no way you would leave a name like Alex Rodriguez out of the book! Just no way!

3arod13
12-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Ha!

I'm still amazed how many people pat Jose Canseco on the back for telling all. If he did it while he was playing, and the sole purpose was that he didn't like it and wanted to clean baseball up, then I would also do the same. However, Jose did what he did because he was bitter, wanted to pay baseball back, and for the money.

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing bud the truth!

3arod13
12-17-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm still amazed how many people pat Jose Canseco on the back for telling all. If he did it while he was playing, and the sole purpose was that he didn't like it and wanted to clean baseball up, then I would also do the same. However, Jose did what he did because he was bitter, wanted to pay baseball back, and for the money.

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing bud the truth!

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad everything has come out and baseball is cleaning up their act. However, I don't care much for how Canseco went about it and how many think he's so great for doing so.

For the reasons he did it, I'm not putting him on my shoulders and hold a parade for him.

cjclong
12-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Canseco is one of those people you can't believe unless there is another source for what he says. People who say a person must be guilty if they don't sue someone for slander don't know how hard those law suits are to win even when a person is lying about you. Its very hard to prove you didn't do something. Its unfortunate that this steroid stuff is getting like the Salem witch trials where if someone said you were a witch you had the impossible task of proving you weren't. If Canseco had proof ARod used drugs it would have been in his first book. Now that he's trying to sell another one he's got to have "new" information. People won't buy the recycled stuff. We have a lot of crime in this country, but people are presumed innocent until there is evidence to convict them. It ought to be the same with allegations of drug use.

suave1477
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Bingo! That's exactly what I was looking for. I agree 100%. There is no way you would leave a name like Alex Rodriguez out of the book! Just no way!

No one said here unless im reading everyones posts wrong that "why did canseco leave arods name out".

Here is the most logical situations.

If AROD is clean - thats beautiful

Chances are though with the numbers he puts up he probably dabbled here and there - but then you can argue with he has been putting up high numbers since high school. Maybe when he was supposed to be eatting Laffy Taffy and Sugar Straws he was chewing on some pills who knows???

If Canseco does know something why would you put it in your first book and create speculkation then??? If you really wanted to blow him up wait till the shit really hits the fan put it in the publics mind and hint at AROD and then come out with a second book - Thats called smart marketing - I agree with TNT.

Why doesnt AROD sue, what for???? He's gonna waste his time chasing someone who at this point is not someone who can really do antyhing to him and then by suing Canseco would just draw press to the speculation of AROD using.

If AROD is a user and Mitchell knows chances are he left him out of the Report on purpose.
Remember AROD is the Golden Boy of Baseball, he is like Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, - He is breaking just about every record and he is doing it in record time. He is just about going to surpass every hitters record there is and up until this point the public sincerely believes he is doing it on natural ability. Do you really think Mitchell would list AROD???? That would completley destroy Baseball and even Mitchell is smarter then that

sylbry
12-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Because he was saving it for his second book according to his bodyguard from his first book tour.

JETEFAN
12-17-2007, 09:44 AM
My thoughts are not whether he did or not, but rather, how sad it is that we now have to sit and wonder or speculate as to who did and who didn't. When I see Fernando Vina's name come up, I think to myself,"Who didn't?" I hope Arod's clean, but if he isn't, at this point nothing surprises me. My feeling is that if every team had a strength coach under the lights, several hundred names would be on that list. By the way, how's that Cano glove of yours?

Hey Yankwood, Looking at your "User Image" picture, you seem to have gotten much larger and "buffed" in a short period of time !! hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

joelsabi
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
i was at the book store awhile back and thumbed thru the index and saw alex rodriguez name. it turns out that they had flown together for some charity work, sending supplies to a poor latin country (forgot if it was cuba or dominican republic). so it seems they are not just acquaintances but maybe friends.

anyone else read this?

Yankwood
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey Yankwood, Looking at your "User Image" picture, you seem to have gotten much larger and "buffed" in a short period of time !! hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:It took alot of fructose, sucrose and glucose to get me into this current state. And never underestimate the importance of eating your heaviest meals just before bed. Timing is so overlooked. I spoke with a Mr. McNamee however, and he says he's got just the right kinds of stuff to make me rock hard. And I don't think he means the little blue pill...

10thMan
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I think Canseco is looking pretty honest right about now. I`ve read most of the books I can find on the subject, not just the "news" or press written crap. Disagree if you want, In Cansecos position, I MAY have spoken up too. How many people have the courage to speak the truth under extremely difficult circumstances??? I think most simply take the "easy route" in fear of looking like a "Rat"
WHAT MAKES SO MANY PEOPLE THINK A-ROD IS AN ANGEL? gimme a break!
Sean

JasonM33
12-18-2007, 02:29 AM
I'm certain that there are a lot of names that were not on Mitchels list. A lot of names. Big names. I'm also sure that light will be shed on most of these guys before too long. Why did Canseco leave Arod out of his first book? We can only speculate. I'm also curious why he didn't mention Clemens? I knew Clemens was on the juice and I knew they were friends having played together a couple times. Interesting.

I'm not patting Canseco on the back but I'm not mad at him either. The truth is the truth. People are just pissed because the fantasy that they have been living regarding certain sports and certain players is over with. I'd prefer that professional sports never got corrupted by steriods. But, even at 12 years old when I first started being a fan of Canseco I wasn't fooling myself. I knew what he was doing and I didn't care. I accepted reality. I recommend that everyone should do the same. Let this stuff go. Either that or get a new hobby if you're that sore about it.

People love to bash Canseco, call him names and rant about his "credibility". Regardless of what you think of his motives ask yourselves a question, just who is it that has been proven to be a liar? It's not Jose Canseco.

3arod13
12-18-2007, 04:19 AM
How many people have the courage to speak the truth under extremely difficult circumstances??? I think most simply take the "easy route" in fear of looking like a "Rat"

WHAT??? Courage to speak the truth under extremely difficult circumstances??? Canseco? Courage? Are you kidding me?

If Canseco wasn't bidder against MLB, he would have continued on, and if warranted, took his place in the Hall of Fame and kept his mouth shut, unless he also got caught. However, he had a grudge against MLB and this was more about payback and making money than doing the right thing. Heck, Canseco still priases himself for taking steriods and promotes them.

If Canseco was still playing baseball and then spoke out, then yes, he would be credited for having the courage to speak the truth under extremely difficult circumstances. However, he didn't!

Just like Brian Bosworth. Bosworth waited until he got in the pros before he spoke out about the drugs players were taking in the locker room in college. Hero? NO!

I'm a realist. Do I believe there's no way Arod took anything? No. Could he have? Sure. Is there proof? No

I have nothing against Canseco. Just don't care of the way he went about doing it. He didn't do it for the right reasons. He did it for payback and the money.

3arod13
12-18-2007, 04:26 AM
I'm certain that there are a lot of names that were not on Mitchels list. A lot of names. Big names.
I'm not patting Canseco on the back but I'm not mad at him either. The truth is the truth. People are just pissed because the fantasy that they have been living regarding certain sports and certain players is over with.
People love to bash Canseco, call him names and rant about his "credibility". Regardless of what you think of his motives ask yourselves a question, just who is it that has been proven to be a liar? It's not Jose Canseco.

Correct! There's no question there are a lot of names that weren't mentioned on the Mitchels list. A lot of big names!

People don't love to bash Canseco, call him names and rant about his creditbility. There's no quesiton in my mind at all that Canseco is very honest in everything he says...even when he mentions Arod's name. Possible...yes!

Bottom line for me (and I'm only speaking for myself), I just don't care for way Canseco went about it and for the reasons he did. His goal was not to clean up baseball. If it was, he would have done in back when he was playing. For those of us who know enough about Canseco, it was all about payback to MLB. A bitter Jose Canseco.

reed1216
12-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I heard Canseco on Dan Patrick's radio show last week. During the interview, he stated that he was totally unaware that Clemens was involved in steroids or HGH. All that means is that he did not know anything about Clemens' use of PEDs. It also appears that he and Clemens were friends. I doubt that would have prevented Canseco from including Clemens in his first book, had he any reason to suspect that Clemens was using. His first objective in all this is and has been to make money...

As far as ARod is concerned, time will tell. Yes, Jose has built some degree of credibility. However, that DOES NOT mean his word is 100% legit from now on. Canseco's primary goal is to make money off this. By being credible in Juiced, he established credibility. This new found credibility looks to be helpful in marketing his follow-up. Introducing ARod as a steroid user is about the best way a slow-witted guy like me would know to get people talking. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the more talk there is, the more copies of the book will be sold.

Again, I don't know if ARod used. I hope he didn't. but who really knows. But just because Jose named some names that turned out to be true in Juiced, does not mean that he is a credible source. All it means is that he was credible the first time he wrote about the subject....

3arod13
12-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Well said Reed. The main point that I have been trying to make about Canseco is...he isn't a great guy like some make him out to be for coming forward and opening the door about steroids. Yes, he did provide information that opened the door, but it wasn't because he's a great guy and wanted to clean up baseball. He's a bitter, bitter ballplayer who wants to pay MLB back. As he said in the past, he was blackballed within baseball and it's payback time.

Did Canseco do some good, yes. Did he do it for the right reasons? NO

JasonM33
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Correct! There's no question there are a lot of names that weren't mentioned on the Mitchels list. A lot of big names!

People don't love to bash Canseco, call him names and rant about his creditbility. There's no quesiton in my mind at all that Canseco is very honest in everything he says...even when he mentions Arod's name. Possible...yes!

Bottom line for me (and I'm only speaking for myself), I just don't care for way Canseco went about it and for the reasons he did. His goal was not to clean up baseball. If it was, he would have done in back when he was playing. For those of us who know enough about Canseco, it was all about payback to MLB. A bitter Jose Canseco.

You are absolutely right. Canseco didn't do this to clean up baseball, he did it to get even. Now, even as a die hard Canseco fan I still don't respect that. I don't respect the motivation and I don't respect him naming names and airing other people's dirty laundry. He was just bitter and he readily admits that. I have no idea about his financial situation so I'm not going to speculate about it. Either way he hasn't been wrong yet.

Some people really do like to attack Canseco. Some fans, and a lot of sports reporters. They don't wan't to take him at his word even after he's been proven right many times over. A lot of people thought he was a jerk back in the day and this sitution gives them an excuse to take shots at him. He's become a laughing stock, a boob. My personal opinion is that he's neither a hero nor a villian in this. He shouldn't be admired nor should he be reviled. The steriod issue is bigger than Jose Canseco. He's just one piece of the puzzle that allowed fans know the truth. Right or wrong.

-Jason M

DConLA
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
HE'S JUST TRYING TO MAKE MORE MONEY OFF BASEBALL. HE'S OUT AND HE WANTS BACK IN. WHAT ELES CAN HE DO.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

staindsox
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
FYI - Clemens was in his first book. I read it cover to cover.

whatupyos
12-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm curious what others think about Canseco naming names? What about you former/current police officers? I know all about the brotherhood y'all have and same for military folks. Its not cool to "rat" out people. If you want to say you did roids, fine, say so, but keep other peoples names out of your mouth.

Aaron

kingjammy24
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
"Its not cool to "rat" out people. If you want to say you did roids, fine, say so, but keep other peoples names out of your mouth."

i agree! if you witness people comitting federal crimes, just keep quiet! that's best for everyone. if not for that damn sherron watkins, enron might still be out there defrauding investors! if frank serpico hadn't opened his yapper then the nypd could have continued its corruption.

sherron watkins, frank serpico = not cool

criminal activities = very cool

i wonder how people here would feel if an auction house employee would step forward with detailed admissions of shill-bidding. i know i'd hate such a rat. let the fraud continue i say!

rudy.

David
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
By definition rats are guilty of telling the truth. By definition, people who are against rats want the truth suppressed.

whatupyos
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Rudy,

Wow, I mean come one man. Maybe thats my fault for not being more specific, but I figured since you know so much about everything, I wouldn't have to further explain myself, especially to you. My bad for not doing so in the first post but in terms of violent crime, or if it harms someone, then yes, by all means point out what you saw...i.e. witnessing a murder, watching someone swindle millions in fraud. What I'm talking about is the good ol' victimless crimes. I mean drugs, which I assume most people have done here and there. You wouldn't "rat" out your buddy to the cops and say, hey, I know so and so who smokes dope in his home every night and set up a sting operation to then bust them...lets be real.

David
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM
I should add that I agree with Rudy.

Pointing out auction house forgery is an example of ratting.

Telling the police that there he sees a guy pacing by the elementary school with a shotgun is ratting.

whatupyos
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
David

hey, fine, agree with Rudy...I can care less. He's right crimes such as murder and fraud should be reported. I should have been more clear about my statements. However, hypothetically would you rat out your buddy who sold another buddy dope? Would you rat out a friend for supplying an underage friend some alcohol? See where I'm going here. The issue is steriods, which are a drug, which to me, is a victimless crime. What one person wants to put into their body is their own business. You etalking about people hurting others with violence, or fraud. That is something entirely different than my version of ratting for doing drugs. If I had a friend who shot up roids, or sold dope, or gave an underage friend some alcohol, I wouldn't rat. That kind of stuff gets people into trouble on the street...so them doing wrong with drugs is their own darn business, not something I'm going to point out to authorities.

I dont want to name names, but allegedly there was a person named in the Mitchell report who said, so and so, and another so and so did roids too, when they were asked about their involvment. That was not cool...Look at Giambi...he did a stand up job. He said he'd talk to Mitchell about his own use but not talk about anyone else....that should be applauded. Thats stand up work, he didn't sell anyone out!! Even see the movie 'Scent of a Woman'...maybe you should watch it and realize what I'm talking about. Not selling others out is called courage...what leaders are made of!!!

kingjammy24
12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
"The issue is steriods, which are a drug, which to me, is a victimless crime."

this isn't about some burnout in his basement. it's about superstar athletes. the victims are the young, impressionable kids who end up thinking that if a star major leaguer does it then it must be ok and that that's the way to succeed in the majors. what do you think the capitol hill hearings were about? simply weeding out cheating players? two sets of parents were there whose kids committed suicide after steroid abuse.

McGwire: "My heart goes out to every parent whose son or daughter were victims of steroid use ... I hope that these hearings can prevent other families from suffering."

Selig: "Major League Baseball has always recognized the influence that our stars can have on the youth of America. As such, we are concerned that recent revelations and allegations of steroid use have been sending a terrible message to young people."

rudy.

3arod13
12-19-2007, 04:46 AM
You are absolutely right. Canseco didn't do this to clean up baseball, he did it to get even. Now, even as a die hard Canseco fan I still don't respect that. I don't respect the motivation and I don't respect him naming names and airing other people's dirty laundry. He was just bitter and he readily admits that. I have no idea about his financial situation so I'm not going to speculate about it. Either way he hasn't been wrong yet.

Some people really do like to attack Canseco. Some fans, and a lot of sports reporters. They don't wan't to take him at his word even after he's been proven right many times over. A lot of people thought he was a jerk back in the day and this sitution gives them an excuse to take shots at him. He's become a laughing stock, a boob. My personal opinion is that he's neither a hero nor a villian in this. He shouldn't be admired nor should he be reviled. The steriod issue is bigger than Jose Canseco. He's just one piece of the puzzle that allowed fans know the truth. Right or wrong.

-Jason M

Jason,

Well said! My point exactly.

3arod13
12-19-2007, 04:56 AM
I think we all, at one point in our life, have been at the fork in the road where we have seen or heard something wrong and thought to ourselves, should I or should I not say or do anything, in fear what others might say or think about us. Happens especially in the work place for those fear they may lose their job.

It's a tough situation for many to decide what to do. Some have no problem speaking up, and some do.

I have no problem with Canseco speaking out. I just don't care for the reasons he did it.

The end for me. Great comments everyone!

cigarman44
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
sounds like 3arod13's getting a little testy here when his boy is bagged on. Sounds like someones drinking too much Arod juice if you know what I'm sayin...slurp, slurp

3arod13
12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
sounds like 3arod13's getting a little testy here when his boy is bagged on. Sounds like someones drinking too much Arod juice if you know what I'm sayin...slurp, slurp

??? My comments have been directed at Jose Canseco and his motive(s) for telling all about steriods. I haven't defended Arod at all. I stated, if it's proven that arod juiced, then he deserves everything he gets.

Haven't got testy or defensive at all

TNTtoys
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
My 2 cents about steriods being a "victimless" crime. Rudy did hit the nail on the head as far as the impact on the youth of our nation, and I did see that the Mitchell report was valuable in its own rights for exposing to these kids that they will be labeled for life should they try this. Yes, the user of steriods generally is the victim... but there are cases where someone "clean" is instead. Picture the young aspiring athlete who is beaten out of that starting spot by someone of equal or lesser talent but is on performance enhancing drugs. I see this guy being a "victim." Where will it lead him? Down one of two paths -- 1. either feeling as though the only way to make it is to take the performance enhancers himself or 2. cheated out of a career that he rightfully deserved.

Nnunnari
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Baseball players are just like police officers, they don't rat each other out, it's a secret society. There are many dirty little secrets in both professions, Canseco was bitter at baseball and opened his big mouth. The players knew the only way they'd ever get busted for the steroid/HGH scandal that EVERYBODY was involved in was if someone from within opened their mouth- nobody figured this would ever happen, but unfortunately for them it did. The players who haven't been mentioned yet are counting their lucky stars. You guys can keep telling yourself that your favorite players who are not named in the Mitchell Report are clean, but again, you're most likely wrong. It was an even playing field, let the great ones in the Hall!

Nnunnari
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
If Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Palmeiro, Sheffield, Sosa don't get voted to the Hall, the HOF will lose all credibility in my eyes.

Nick

33bird
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Get rid of your Arod stuff. Maybe he was better at hiding it than the others, but it'll come out eventually. I know there's a few Arod fans on here that are grasping at straws to say their boy is clean, but it's coming. Sell all your crap of Arod-he's the next Bonds.
Greg

3arod13
12-20-2007, 04:38 AM
Get rid of your Arod stuff. Maybe he was better at hiding it than the others, but it'll come out eventually. I know there's a few Arod fans on here that are grasping at straws to say their boy is clean, but it's coming. Sell all your crap of Arod-he's the next Bonds.
Greg

Grasping at straws? Boy, you arod haters just don't give up! I can see where Arod's NATURAL ABILITY would make you believe he juiced. However, MILK was the only thing Arod was drinking (lol)

kingjammy24
02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
1 year later and canseco's once again proven right. there are certainly many valid criticisms one can direct at canseco but at this point in time, he seems to be the only honest man standing. he's been right on every single one of the names he mentioned.

"Several years ago, in his second book, “Vindicated,” Canseco said he was “confident” Rodriguez used steroids. He went so far as to write, “I did everything but inject the guy myself,” claiming he’d introduced “A-Roid” to a supplier in Miami named Joseph Dion. Canseco wrote that the very next day, Dion called to thank him because “A-Rod had signed on.”

--------

Jose Canseco: A-Rod got off the hook
Friday, December 14th 2007

More than 80 players were named in one capacity or another in the Mitchell Report, but Jose Canseco was certain there would be at least one more name in the document: Alex Rodriguez.
Canseco, who was one of the players named by Sen. George Mitchell in the report, told the Fox Business Channel he was surprised not to see A-Rod's name in the report.
"All I can say is the Mitchell Report is incomplete," Canseco said. "I could not believe that (Rodriguez's) name was not in the report."

Efforts to reach Rodriguez on Thursday night were unsuccessful. He did appear on the "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric," where he said of the report: "These are guys that I play with. They're my teammates, friends, people that I respect, people that I play with every day. If anything comes of this, (I) would be extremely disappointed. I mean it would be a huge black eye on the game of baseball."
---------------------------------------------------------------

rodriguez said if his teammates were in the mitchell report he'd be "extremely disappointed" because it'd "be a huge black eye on the game of baseball". numbnuts.

rudy.

3arod13
02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
1 year later and canseco's once again proven right. there are certainly many valid criticisms one can direct at canseco but at this point in time, he seems to be the only honest man standing. he's been right on every single one of the names he mentioned.

"Several years ago, in his second book, “Vindicated,” Canseco said he was “confident” Rodriguez used steroids. He went so far as to write, “I did everything but inject the guy myself,” claiming he’d introduced “A-Roid” to a supplier in Miami named Joseph Dion. Canseco wrote that the very next day, Dion called to thank him because “A-Rod had signed on.”

--------

Jose Canseco: A-Rod got off the hook
Friday, December 14th 2007

More than 80 players were named in one capacity or another in the Mitchell Report, but Jose Canseco was certain there would be at least one more name in the document: Alex Rodriguez.
Canseco, who was one of the players named by Sen. George Mitchell in the report, told the Fox Business Channel he was surprised not to see A-Rod's name in the report.
"All I can say is the Mitchell Report is incomplete," Canseco said. "I could not believe that (Rodriguez's) name was not in the report."

Efforts to reach Rodriguez on Thursday night were unsuccessful. He did appear on the "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric," where he said of the report: "These are guys that I play with. They're my teammates, friends, people that I respect, people that I play with every day. If anything comes of this, (I) would be extremely disappointed. I mean it would be a huge black eye on the game of baseball."
---------------------------------------------------------------

rodriguez said if his teammates were in the mitchell report he'd be "extremely disappointed" because it'd "be a huge black eye on the game of baseball". numbnuts.

rudy.

I can honestly say I never would have believed it. I always believed that Arod was too talented from the start to have the need and/or desire to used performance enhancement drugs.

I will now always say...NEVER SAY NEVER!

Regards, Tony

cjclong
02-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Canseco is far from an honest man. He just happens to be right on a number of his steroid allegations. If he had a chance to get into the HOF do you think for one minute that he would have admitted his own steroid use or implicated others. While he was playing he lied about not using steroids. The only reason he has written these books is $money and trying to get even with baseball because he doesn't think he got the respect he dererves. Canseco is like a snitch in a mafia trial. He may be useful, but he deserves no respect.

larry bourget
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
MLB should make Canseco Vice Commissioner.

LB

Nnunnari
02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Canseco has been telling the truth the whole time but he is a snitch.
He ratted out his good friends and teammates, people that went to battle with him for years. He's a scumbag who deserves no respect.

kingjammy24
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
cjclong: agreed. but i'm not saying he ought to be respected per se or he wrote the book for altruistic reasons. i'm simply saying that when it came to naming steroid users, the man was completely accurate.

at this point, canseco has said he regrets writing the book. "..the 44-year-old Canseco said he "wanted revenge" on Major League Baseball because he believed he had been forced out of the game. The book was his means of getting even, and he named names "to show I was telling the truth" about steroids in baseball, he said..."If I could meet with Mark McGwire and these players, I definitely would apologize to them," Canseco said, according to the New York Daily News. "They were my friends. I admired them. I respected them." his life has turned out sadly and he'd probably be the first to blame himself for it. in his recent A&E documentary, he said he made a lot of mistakes. all of that said and aside, i think that when it comes specifically to this steroid issue, he's really the only voice with any authority and accuracy. if he came out now and, hypothetically, said ripken or gwynn had done them, it'd be shocking but also very hard to ignore or dismiss given his perfect track record on the matter.

larry: i agree as well. who else is going to do anything? selig and fehr? har har.

rudy.

whatupyos
02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Was Canseco's 2nd book ever published? I have yet to see it anywhere, but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Or maybe no one carries it.

Aaron

allstarsplus
02-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Canseco is far from an honest man. He just happens to be right on a number of his steroid allegations. If he had a chance to get into the HOF do you think for one minute that he would have admitted his own steroid use or implicated others. While he was playing he lied about not using steroids. The only reason he has written these books is $money and trying to get even with baseball because he doesn't think he got the respect he dererves. Canseco is like a snitch in a mafia trial. He may be useful, but he deserves no respect.

Well said!!! I hate to give Canseco any credit for being right as I don't find his motivations pure. I had hoped he wasn't right with regards to ARod.

GrndSlm
02-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I feel that you guys are missing the point....Eveyone looses with this steroids situation. Players, MLB, the Union, ect...If there was a correct way to handle this then it would have been taken care of years ago. Jose opened a can of tuna that caused a major headache on baseball. Over the years many people spoke to me about Jose the rat. But, everything he said was right on the money. His presentation sucked but the information was correct. Even his complaints about the union and baseball were on the money. Why do you think AROD confessed? The union failed him with the confidentiality agreement negotiated with the players. All of those 2002-2003 exams were supposed to be used only for a survey and not go public. The union assured the players that the names are only to be used by "there" union.
With this in mind, no player will voluntarily say that they used performance inhansing drugs unless they are under oath. Even then, the information gets leaked by a federal grand jury and now by the testing process used by MLB.
Alex had no other choice but to go public.....
Also, he didnt sue Jose because that would open him up for cross examination ,which now we know, would have forced him to committ perjury.

thanks,
Juan Iglesais
GrndSlm@aol.com