PDA

View Full Version : Steiner party who went? and what did you pick up?

suave1477
12-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello Members,

I went to the party today and bumped into another member from here who else went and what did you buy?

I picked up a few items

Orlando El duke Hernandez Yankees Game Used bat posada model
John Olerud 2001 All Star Game Used bat
Kenny Lofton Yankees Game Used bat

Swoboda4
12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I couldn't make it. Who else was there and how good of a showing?

suave1477
12-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Swoboda I forget the gentlemans name from here but he is the one who is the fan of Ed Hearn from the Mets.

It was an excellent showing everything they had in stock was basically mared down, I think from 40% to 65%

Very Good Stuff

TNTtoys
12-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I regrettably couldn't go today. I am hoping that there still are a handful of quality items left... I look forward to the list of "everything that's left" from Bob...

-Nick

suave1477
12-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Nick honestly from the amount of people who showed which was a lot people were weeding out all the good stuff and buying them. I am sure you might be able to find 1 or 2 good things left but there definitely wont be much

metsbats
12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I was there and had the pleasure to met Suave in person again!:)

Felt like a kid in a candy store going thru boxes of bats, helmets, racks of jerseys. Nice selection of Mets, Yankees, Dodger and Redsox items.

I was able to even see a few David Wright gamers one of which had the mysterious "T" stamping on the knob!

Was hoping to find a Carlos Delgado 86 Throwback game used pants but it was not there so Believe it or not Guys I walked away with nothing.

David

Tedw9
12-16-2007, 08:13 AM
May I ask, what was there for Red Sox items? And what were the prices like?

Thanks!

metsbats
12-16-2007, 09:14 AM
May I ask, what was there for Red Sox items? And what were the prices like?

Thanks!

Tedw9

There were pregame, home, road jerseys, boxes of helmets, bats, equipment bags and jackets. I personally didn't go thru any of the Red Sox items thus didn't catch any of the prices. (too many Mets and Yankee stuff to see) but a gentleman next to me was going thru a helmet box and was bring out some helmets caked with pine tar!

I think Steiner should do a road show to Boston with the Red Sox items and they probably would not have any problems selling all this stuff.

Not sure why the Sox demand was very low in Westchester NY it's not like it's that close to Yankee Stadium.:rolleyes:

David

GameBats
12-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Suave,

Sounds like a great time, wish I could have been there.

I would double check that "John Olerud 2001 All Star Game Used bat". If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a promotional bat.

John

suave1477
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Well Metsbats I am not sure what you mean by Red Sox demand being low??

If you mean that there wasnt that much stuff, thats nto because deman was low thats because demand was high I was there since they opend in the morning, The Red Sox stuff was the first to go, remember its from the World Series Year. When I got there one guy had bought like 10 Game Used World Series Baseball caps. The next thing to go was the Red Sox Game Used bats. It was almost emptry by the end of the day compared to what they had in the morning.

But it was good seeing you again!!!:D

suave1477
12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Gamebats ok what one are you thinking of?

Why a promotional bat what am i missing?

I will be honest the bat I have does show very light use but you would expect that from being used for one game and not getting any hits. It also shows pretty good rack marks.

GameBats
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Suave,

Is it similar to this Irabu bat from Lelands? http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=715&lot=179

suave1477
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
It is similar but not exact.

Again I ask what am I missing?

GameBats
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
The Irabu bat and similar bats are Presentation bats. They are not used by the players. They are keepsakes.

metsbats
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Well Metsbats I am not sure what you mean by Red Sox demand being low??

If you mean that there wasnt that much stuff, thats nto because deman was low thats because demand was high I was there since they opend in the morning, The Red Sox stuff was the first to go, remember its from the World Series Year. When I got there one guy had bought like 10 Game Used World Series Baseball caps. The next thing to go was the Red Sox Game Used bats. It was almost emptry by the end of the day compared to what they had in the morning.

But it was good seeing you again!!!:D

Thanks for the info. I got into "the room" at 1PM. No wonder it looked like there was not to many folks looking at the Red Sox items. All the good stuff was gone already!

suave1477
12-17-2007, 10:54 PM
The Irabu bat and similar bats are Presentation bats. They are not used by the players. They are keepsakes.

Gamebats very cool info thanks I did not know that.

I would say though possibly he used this one then for Batting Practice or maybe for some reason he did use this one in the game because as I mentioned it defintiely shows rack marks and very light smudges of pine tar. So for whatever reason it was used in some sort of manner.

DConLA
12-18-2007, 02:41 AM
i didn't go so i didn't get anything.

DAN

DonFan23
12-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Picked up a couple of bats, a couple of hats, a base, catcher's helmet and GU ball - all Yankees items. Unfortunately for me, however, my son has laid claim to most of them.

I got there fairly early, but had aready missed out on a few nice items snatched up by those who got there right at the opening. I'd have liked to take more time looking through the jerseys and pants, but with the crowds and my son in tow it just wasn't do-able. All in all, a good event.