PDA

View Full Version : Navy Rolen Cardinals BP jersey?

Birdbats
12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Is anyone familiar with the Cardinals wearing a navy BP jersey for even one game since the mid/late '90s? This auction has a navy Scott Rolen jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-CARDINALS-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-JERSEY-B-P_W0QQitemZ320196730540QQihZ011QQcategoryZ60597QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In this era of throwbacks and special jerseys, maybe they wore one and I just missed it. I'm pretty sure they've worn nothing but red pre-game shirts since switching to the button-ups with the new logo in 1998. Does anybody have information/proof to the contrary?

Looks like the LOA dates it 2002-05. Cards jerseys had name plates during that era -- they didn't use direct stitching until 2006, yet this jersey looks to have the NOB sewn directly to the shirt.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Rolen wearing a 46? Seems to me he wore 48 as a rookie and has worn 48 or 50 with the Cards.

whatupyos
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Look at the wash tag. See how it looks cropped off? I can care less if it says 0065 6500 0062 or whatever they're supposed to read, I'm always skeptical of wash tags that are shorter than average. Plus its got a sweet Lou LOA, need I say more??

bigtruck260
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Saw it, not interested. Also not interested in the home jersey ASI is offering. I would eventually like to have some Rolen stuff, but not until I have educated myself further in the art of jersey collecting. I do not remember the Cards wearing navy BP jerseys. Could this have been from any other event?

Dave

bigtime59
12-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Cardinals wearing a navy BP jersey for even one game since the mid/late '90s? This auction has a navy Scott Rolen jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-CARDINALS-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-JERSEY-B-P_W0QQitemZ320196730540QQihZ011QQcategoryZ60597QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In this era of throwbacks and special jerseys, maybe they wore one and I just missed it. I'm pretty sure they've worn nothing but red pre-game shirts since switching to the button-ups with the new logo in 1998. Does anybody have information/proof to the contrary?

Looks like the LOA dates it 2002-05. Cards jerseys had name plates during that era -- they didn't use direct stitching until 2006, yet this jersey looks to have the NOB sewn directly to the shirt.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Rolen wearing a 46? Seems to me he wore 48 as a rookie and has worn 48 or 50 with the Cards.

Jeff:
You might want to check if any of the Cardinals minor league teams wear blue BP tops, or if roving instructors get blue tops. The jock tag and wash tag don't correlate, but I've seen Orioles BP tops like this in black rather than orange, that were issued to minor-league coaches.
Don't necessarily think it's a Rolen jersey (unless it's from a 2005 rehab stint), but it could be a legit Cards minor-league gamer gone bad.
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com