PDA

View Full Version : My Mo Vaughn bat collection may be nearly worthless

DGRROSEN
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Now that Vaughn has been mentioned in the Mitchell report, I bet my collection of 15 Vaughn bats may be nearly worthless. Any other opinions on how this report will influence the values of game used collectibles for those players implicated in this report?

skyking26
12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I believe it will drive values downward of those players mentioned...

whatupyos
12-13-2007, 04:34 PM
David-

Who cares? Unless you're planning on selling them? Look, if you are and have always been a Mo fan, cool. I respect that. And you should too. We cheer on guys for different reasons. Just because he was mentioned in the report doesn't mean anyone should judge them! My main point is, be proud of your collection. Mo is a good guy.
Aaron

DGRROSEN
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Aaron, I have no plans to sell my bats. I enjoyed collecting them, but after Mo left the RedSox, I stopped collecting his bats. Since I posted my original comments, I have since learned that he used HGH, not steroids, to help with his ankle injury in 2001.

frikativ54
12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Now that Vaughn has been mentioned in the Mitchell report, I bet my collection of 15 Vaughn bats may be nearly worthless. Any other opinions on how this report will influence the values of game used collectibles for those players implicated in this report?

With all other items, I am sure there will be a contingent of people who will remain fans of a player forever, no matter his conduct. Look - there is still a market for Barry Bonds's stuff, even after all he did. I wouldn't say worthless quite yet. I feel for you though. Sorry to hear the bad news.