PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Allegence or Not

joelsabi
12-13-2007, 01:56 PM
if you favorite player that you collect is on the mitchell report, will you keep your allegence to your favorite player or not? will you sell your collection or would you take advantage of others who abandon their collection.

bigtruck260
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
if you favorite player that you collect is on the mitchell report, will you keep your allegence to your favorite player or not? will you sell your collection or would you take advantage of others who abandon their collection.

I guess if you have a wall of Bagwell jerseys, it's gonna be kind of hard to abondon him - ;) .

reed1216
12-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I have Clemens and Pettitte Yankee jerseys. I really am not too surprised about Roger, but despite the talk of Pettitte being on the list for quite some time, I am a little surprised. I also have a Pudge jersey and I'd be shocked if he's not on the list. All three are among my favorite players, but time will tell what I will eventually do with these jerseys. For now, I intend to keep them...

http://community.webshots.com/user/Reed97

cigarman44
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
all ill say is ill buy up as many 300 dollar pujols bats as I can and in a few years when this all blows over ill sell them for one, two grand a piece when he's in the hall. But I don't think prices will fall off that much

PudgePollyMillerFan
12-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Doesn't bother me a bit.....I am keeping all my Sheffield and Pudge gamers and equipment........

geoff
12-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't care about the list and will keep collecting the Players regardless.

PudgePollyMillerFan
12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Whew.....glad it wasn't the original list of players listed in the rumor mill.....good to hear Pudge wasn't on the list after all! I will still collect Sheffield though.....the Mitchell report don't mean much to me.

DonTheLegend
12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
all ill say is ill buy up as many 300 dollar pujols bats as I can and in a few years when this all blows over ill sell them for one, two grand a piece when he's in the hall. But I don't think prices will fall off that much

i am right there with you.

ill give anyone and everyone a 24 hour cell number if you decide to sell Pujols, Clemens, McGwire etc.... for rock bottom prices.

joking aside (or at least half joking) i dont see the bottom dropping out like some fear. McGwire, Bonds and ,too a certain degree, Palmerio items all still hold a nice value.

unfortunately it will all blow over and current player items will continue to be inflated.

10thMan
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I`m not jumping ship anytime soon. I have some Sosa, Mcgwire & other players stuff, mostly Bats. It won`t change how I feel about players, I learned a long time ago most of them use SOMETHING. I have a Ken Caminiti Bat with actual baseball dents, not to mention heavy seam marks...If this was a business for me, I might be more concerned.
To answer the question...will I "take advantage of others" Not very likely, I don`t live to "Flip" Jerseys or Bats, OR play the middleman. This is a hobby for me. Maybe demand (or lack of it) will affect value(s) I dunno, I`ll leave that to the experts...
Sean