PDA

View Full Version : Who's G/U Items will be devalued after 2PM 12/13?

Swoboda4
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
What Item do you wish you had moved from your collection with the impending release of the Mitchell Report? What player item are you hesitating in acquiring because of the report?

I'm willing to bet Griffey Jr will be clean. I don't collect current stars as a rule. I do have a Jay Payton and Burnitz items but no expensive stuff.

rose14
12-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I would bet that Roger Clemens will be on that list.

Swoboda4
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
You always hear of the sluggers but,I agree with you, it's the pitchers who benefit more from quick muscle recovery.

metsbats
12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Steiner has an special promotion called the George Mitchell special. If you purchase an autographed ball before 2pm tomorrow and that player's name appears on the Mitchell report you win a $50 gift certificate!

-David

10thMan
12-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Happy Holidays, who`s gonna be under the "Mitchell Tree" LOL...Los Angeles sports radio has been hyping this all day. Arte Moreno has promised that the list will "really upset" a lot of people. In 1998 the san diego news interviewed a star player, ON LIVE T.V. They asked repeatedly what percentage of players are using, they asked "50 percent" he said "probably more than that" Either way, this should be interesting.
Sean

B1SON
12-13-2007, 01:36 AM
I don't think the names will surprise people and I have heard he is putting equal blame on the players and the league so I can't see the league choosing to hurt them now.

bscott
12-13-2007, 06:55 AM
I doubt that Mitchell's "list" is going to have any major repercussions on the values of G/U items.

How much less is a Bret Boone bat going to be worth after 2pm today?

The whole thing is a ridiculously negative campaign, designed to rat out certain evildoers. The problem is, it's a taxpayer-funded one, and unless you name EVERYBODY WHO TOOK STEROIDS, why bother with naming a certain few. It's kind of a joke that will hopefully pass over. And I think people are sick of hearing about it. I, for one, am tired of hearing about Bonds and his *. People are war-tired, and this is the holiday season. Nobody wants to hear that negative crap. I hope that the Mitchell report quickly becomes yesterdays news.

We all get it. Players juiced.
Leave it to a costly government report to point out the obvious.

Unless Cal Ripken, Jr. is on "the list," I doubt there will be any surprises.

Really? Juan Gonzalez juiced? I don't believe it. Sell his Game Jersey Now!!! And Ivan Rodriguez was once, how do you say, "Pudge-y?"

Whoop-a-di-do.

Thanks, Mitch.

I'm really happy you got to spend hard-earned tax dollars for all this good.

Merry Christmas.

-bscott.

John Morrison
12-13-2007, 07:55 AM
I look forward to the list just for curiosity sake. I don't think it will drive too many prices down

brianborsch
12-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Yeah, one thing to notice is that Mitchell is a part of the Boston Red Sox organization. Can anyone say "Conflict of Interest"??? I know in a perfect world, people are honest, but this world is far from perfect, and people are far from honest. Just look at our Government and President. It wouldn't surprise me if say certain players did not make the list due to their affiliations, etc. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Yankwood
12-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I remember nobody wanting to touch Palmeiro's stuff after he failed his test. Why couldn't that happen to others? I believe it will.

metsbats
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Steiner has an special promotion called the George Mitchell special. If you purchase an autographed ball before 2pm tomorrow and that player's name appears on the Mitchell report you win a $50 gift certificate!

-David

Valued Customer,

Steiner Sports would like to offer its sincerest apologies to those who were offended by our George Mitchell email special that was sent out last night. The investigation into performance-enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball is a serious matter that we fully support. The special that was announced is now expired but we will honor the offer to those of you who chose to participate

Received this email from Steiner as they have pulled the plug on their Mitchell Promotion. I think the real apologies should come from those players who are on the list to be published at 2PM today.

-David

TNTtoys
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, one thing to notice is that Mitchell is a part of the Boston Red Sox organization. Can anyone say "Conflict of Interest"??? I know in a perfect world, people are honest, but this world is far from perfect, and people are far from honest. Just look at our Government and President. It wouldn't surprise me if say certain players did not make the list due to their affiliations, etc. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe, maybe not. Seems to be a lot of speculation regarding certain Red Sox being on the list... Jason Varitek, Nomar Garciaparra, Trot Nixon, to name a few...

TNTtoys
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I doubt that Mitchell's "list" is going to have any major repercussions on the values of G/U items.

Yeah, I am sure my Fernando Tatis jersey is not going to lose much value, as it was an "under $100" item to begin with...

but I am very curious about the value of other name stars such as Albert Pujols (assuming he's on the list)... I don't think you can make a blanket statement by any means...

bigtruck260
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I am sure my Fernando Tatis jersey is not going to lose much value, as it was an "under $100" item to begin with...

but I am very curious about the value of other name stars such as Albert Pujols (assuming he's on the list)... I don't think you can make a blanket statement by any means...

Something tells me that if Albert is on the list, he will still be a "good guy" in the eyes of most in STL. Just depends on the response to the allegations and the media outcry/support.

Dave

worldchamps
12-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Sc hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.

TFig27
12-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Sc hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.

that is not the real list

www.mlb.com/mitchellreport (http://www.mlb.com/mitchellreport)