PDA

View Full Version : ARod card

cjclong
12-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I recently purchased several game used Alex Rodriguez items from MVP Marketing. I was very surprised to find a holiday card in the mail a few days ago addressed to me and signed by Alex Rodriguez. I thought this was very nice of both Alex and MVP Marketing. It went beyond what was expected and allowed me to have the fun of showing a holiday card from ARod to some of my friends. At times I have been critical of players and sports businesses for sometimes ignoring the public, but when they go out of their way to do something nice I think it should be noticed.

3arod13
12-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I recently purchased several game used Alex Rodriguez items from MVP Marketing. I was very surprised to find a holiday card in the mail a few days ago addressed to me and signed by Alex Rodriguez. I thought this was very nice of both Alex and MVP Marketing. It went beyond what was expected and allowed me to have the fun of showing a holiday card from ARod to some of my friends. At times I have been critical of players and sports businesses for sometimes ignoring the public, but when they go out of their way to do something nice I think it should be noticed.

Can you add a scan of the card?

You can thank Mario of MVP for that card. Mario is a class act!

David
12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
You may have stumbled upon a new area of collecting, as some people collect Christmas cards from athletes, celebrities and teams. My friend had a Christmas card signed by Honus Wagner, and you can find them from all sorts of folks, from Ty Cobb to Bing Crosby. I had signed Christmas cards from Tommy Lasorda and Gertrude Ederle, the first woman to swim the English Channel. As the Christmas cards are usually custom made (with giver's name), and often with the mailing envelope, they can be essentially self authenticating.

cjclong
12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I wish I could post a scan, but I'm technologically challenged. It was a simple card with holiday wishes on the outside and ARod's signed autograph on the inside. And I did email Mario and thank him and ask him to thank Alex. I know they are in a business, but its nice when they treat their customers well.

tym
12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
That is a nice touch, the Mariners have sent us Christmas cards as well. This year they had Ichiro and JJ as the theme.
Cheers,
Ty
www.FriendsOfCFF.com