PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on here go to Redsfest?

chakes89
12-08-2007, 07:46 PM
If so, post what GU items you got and pics if possible.

THANKS

Here is what I got:

Bats:

Joey Votto
Josh Hamilton
Cody Strait
Chris Di.ckerson
Royce Clayton
Royce Clayton again
Unknown Sam bat. Need to take off the tape on the barrel to see who used it.
Chris Denorfia

Glove:

Corky Miller Game Used Catchers Mitt with his name stitched into it.

Jersey:

BP JERSEY OF BILL BRAY

indyred
12-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Looks like you got a haul. I went today and the game used area must have gotten picked over good Friday. They did later in the afternoon have buy one get one free on bats and helmets. Seemed every other bat was David Ross, Javier Valentine or Hatteberg. They should not have had them guys priced so high compared to other's. Those were about the biggest names I seen for bats. Jerseys also seemed jacked up in price compared to last year. Only a few were in the $75 range and they were nobodies or coaches. Anyone of note was $150-$200. Tons of helmets. Saw a nice cracked Josh Hamilton one. I wonder if someone got that, but I think it was priced at $350. Was there much or any Griffey, Dunn, Harang, Arroyo, Phillips, Bruce, Votto, Bailey stuff on Friday. I didn't see any stuff from them today.

chakes89
12-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Here is the Friday recap from my perspective:

I didnt see any Griffey, Arroyo or Bruce stuff.

I saw 5-6 Dunn bats and 2 pair of his pants with his name stitched into them.

I saw one Phillips bat. No Jerseys.

I think I saw 1-2 Harang jerseys and a couple pairs of his pants.

I think I got the only Votto bat but I am not 100% sure. No JERSEYS.

I saw some Bailey team issued jerseys that didnt have numbers on them for $50 I believe.

sfm12
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I got there Friday at 430 and the GU area was already swarming with people. I picked up a Hatteberg home Sunday jersey, an Encarnacion road jersey, and a Cormier Sunday gamer ($75!). I also picked up a tremendous early season heavy jacket that the Red's wore in cold weather for $55!! Wore it to see the Bengals today and it was warm and kept me dry in a pouring rain.

My take was that if you didn't get to the GU used by 445pm on Friday you were pretty much SOL.
Steve

Neely8
12-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I got there Friday at 430 and the GU area was already swarming with people. I picked up a Hatteberg home Sunday jersey, an Encarnacion road jersey, and a Cormier Sunday gamer ($75!). I also picked up a tremendous early season heavy jacket that the Red's wore in cold weather for $55!! Wore it to see the Bengals today and it was warm and kept me dry in a pouring rain.

My take was that if you didn't get to the GU used by 445pm on Friday you were pretty much SOL.
Steve

Can you email me at njvette1@aol.com? Thanks, John.

chakes89
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Steve

You are right one with that.

I was there at about 4:10 or 4:15

ham1963
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I did not get a chance to go but I p/u a 2007 jersey from BPH on E-Bay. Oh well there is always next season.
John;)

TNTtoys
12-10-2007, 01:26 PM
All,

I didn't go to Redsfest but am in the process of picking up a lot of 4 game used 2006 Sunday red alternates to break up; looking to keep only one for myself. Included in the lot are: Phillips, Hatteberg, Freel and Encarnacion. I'd be happy to keep any of the 4 and help any other collectors who might be looking for any of the players in the lot.

Nick
TNT_Tys@yahoo.com

TNTtoys
12-10-2007, 01:27 PM
oops...typo... TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

EricDavis44fan
12-10-2007, 01:30 PM
On Saturday I was able to pick up this Eric Davis BP Jersey. There was a dealer there who had some awesome jersey's from the 70's through 90's. If it wasn't Christmas time I would have spent a ton of cash!

Dave
Always looking for Eric Davis game used

justinj31
12-11-2007, 09:11 AM
i got in at 4:05 and 1 of the dealers got ahold of all the good jerseys
before the fans got in.they were told to stay out but no one enforced the rule.he had 2 dozen jereys.

i got
joey votto bat with mlb cert.
adam dunn bat
and a
marcus mcbeth spring training jersey

Neely8
12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
before the fans got in.they were told to stay out but no one enforced the rule.he had 2 dozen jereys.

Wonderful. :rolleyes:

jshortt
12-11-2007, 11:19 AM

That's not true at all. It was probably me with all the jerseys, and I'm about the furthest thing from a dealer as possible. I have found it easier to pick up anything I MIGHT want and put it back, than to not grab it and decide I want it, only to find out that someone else bought it. I was told by my friends at the Reds Community Fund that the Reds' Hall of Fame got first dibs and ransacked the G/U stock the night before. They took just about anybody who was semi-popular. There WERE 2 dealers at the front of the line, and I witnessed the RCF tell them that if the Reds/RCF saw them selling anything they purchased, the dealers would be booted from the Convention Center and not allowed back.

Here is what I got:

Bats
Jay Bruce LS (only one I saw, nice saw off on back of barrell)
Josh Hamilton LS (cracked in several places)
Josh Hamilton CTG Sig model (barely cracked, and only sig CTG I've ever seen)
Norris Hopper X Bat (uncracked)
Jeff Keppinger LS (H crack, and MLB Auth.)
David Ross Big Stick (barely cracked and MLB Auth.)
Bill Bray Big Stick

Jerseys
Matt Belisle Home
Bill Bray Road Grey
Jeff Keppinger Spring Training
Chris Valaika Spring Training

Batting Helmets
Josh Hamilton 2007 (the one that was mentioned)
Edwin Encarnacion 2007

There were a few bats for $25 that I wish I hadn't put back (Denorfia, Kearns, F. Lopez), and that I know of, I only saw 1 Phillips, 2 Harangs, no Arroyos, several Dunns (including one that was taped and used by Jose Rijo, lol), a few Hamiltons (less than they should have had considering how many he broke), and the one Jay Bruce that I bought. At one point I had a 2005 Harang Home, but put it back b/c upon further inspection, it was just a 'team issue' and they wanted $400 for it. They really didn't have much in the realm of 'popular' players (thanks HOF). I had and put back, or gave to friends:

Jerseys
Hatteberg Sunday Alt.
Hatteberg Road Grey
Hatteberg BP signed
Hatteberg BP
Marcus McBeth Home
Bobby Livingston Home
Bobby Livingston Road Grey
Chris Dickerson Spring Training
Encarnacion Sunday Alt. (ended up being 'team issue')

Nick, email is on the way!

-Josh

crazynick15
12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
what were the prices of the jerseys??? what they start at?

chakes89
12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
That's not true at all. It was probably me with all the jerseys, and I'm about the furthest thing from a dealer as possible. I have found it easier to pick up anything I MIGHT want and put it back, than to not grab it and decide I want it, only to find out that someone else bought it. I was told by my friends at the Reds Community Fund that the Reds' Hall of Fame got first dibs and ransacked the G/U stock the night before. They took just about anybody who was semi-popular. There WERE 2 dealers at the front of the line, and I witnessed the RCF tell them that if the Reds/RCF saw them selling anything they purchased, the dealers would be booted from the Convention Center and not allowed back.

Here is what I got:

Bats
Bill Bray Big Stick

Jerseys
Matt Belisle Home
Bill Bray Road Grey

Batting Helmets
Edwin Encarnacion 2007

There were a few bats for $25 that I wish I hadn't put back (Denorfia, Kearns, F. Lopez), and that I know of, I only saw 1 Phillips, 2 Harangs, no Arroyos, several Dunns (including one that was taped and used by Jose Rijo, lol), a few Hamiltons (less than they should have had considering how many he broke), and the one Jay Bruce that I bought. At one point I had a 2005 Harang Home, but put it back b/c upon further inspection, it was just a 'team issue' and they wanted $400 for it. They really didn't have much in the realm of 'popular' players (thanks HOF). I had and put back, or gave to friends:

Jerseys
Hatteberg Sunday Alt.
Hatteberg Road Grey
Hatteberg BP signed
Hatteberg BP
Marcus McBeth Home
Bobby Livingston Home

-Josh

ANY CHANCE I CAN GET THAT BRUCE BAT FROM YOU?

I can trade bats or jerseys for it.

I can also trade autographed cards.

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL EITHER WAY?????????

HE IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER

My email is chakes89@yahoo.com

Neely8
12-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Here is what I got:

Bats
Bill Bray Big Stick

Jerseys
Matt Belisle Home
Bill Bray Road Grey

Batting Helmets
Edwin Encarnacion 2007

Jerseys
Hatteberg Sunday Alt.
Hatteberg Road Grey
Hatteberg BP signed
Hatteberg BP
Marcus McBeth Home
Bobby Livingston Home

-Josh

Josh,
Since you don't accept PM's can you email me at njvette1@aol.com? I have a quick question for you. Thanks, John.