PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Seller Jeter Game Jersey

broome1000
12-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Any opinions on this Jeter Game Issued Jersey? This seller sell mostly replica jerseys but had 2 this week that he claims are Yankee Game Issued. They seems to have the correct tagging.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-YANKEES-TEAM-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY-SZ-48_W0QQitemZ370000114655QQihZ024QQcategoryZ24904QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

broome1000
12-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Usually when an item is fake you guys are all over it. I guess I should assume it looks kosher because of a lack of a response. I did receive it today and the tagging is in fact a 0006 wash code which I have read is the correct tagging for game issued. If someone would care to verify this I would be appreciative.

Any opinions on this Jeter Game Issued Jersey? This seller sells mostly replica jerseys but had 2 this week that he claims are Yankee Game Issued. They seem to have the correct tagging.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-YANKEES-TEAM-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY-SZ-48_W0QQitemZ370000114655QQihZ024QQcategoryZ24904QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suave1477
12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I dont know if people didnt respond to it bot being fake just maybe no one really had a comment, but I will say this Jeter has had a long standing relationship with Steiner and that includes his Game Used equipment so with that being said i would be leery of anything of Jeters coming from any other source. I am not saying you cant get at all his stuff from others as i do beleive a member here once had Jeters Jersey and Pants or something like that for sale, but that person was a reputable seller here.

But unless it comes from Steiner or if I know closely the seller is reputable just in my opinion i wouldnt touch it.

broome1000
12-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the steiner connection. I thought because it was game issued, not game used, and the 0006 wash tag code matches the wash tag usually associated with Jeter Jersey's, it likely is real and was probably a factory leftover that never reached Jeter's hands. I guess I was looking for some reassurance and was hoping to tap into the expertise on this board.

I dont know if people didnt respond to it bot being fake just maybe no one really had a comment, but I will say this Jeter has had a long standing relationship with Steiner and that includes his Game Used equipment so with that being said i would be leery of anything of Jeters coming from any other source. I am not saying you cant get at all his stuff from others as i do beleive a member here once had Jeters Jersey and Pants or something like that for sale, but that person was a reputable seller here.

But unless it comes from Steiner or if I know closely the seller is reputable just in my opinion i wouldnt touch it.

suave1477
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Again im not saying its fact or anything just my opinion but Steiner gets Jeters stuff whether Game Issued or Game Used.

You can't always just go by a tag, a tag can be faked too. example taken from another Jersey or the Players Number on the back of the Jersey could have been changed.

Thats why to have a peice of mind unless the item comes from a reputable source that you can feel comfortable with. Don't touch it.