PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for the winners of these Grey Flannel winners!

33bird
12-06-2007, 10:50 PM
I was interested in the Michael Jordan Wizards jersey and the Deron Williams light blue Jazz jersey. But, after quickly photo searching on Gettys it was easy to see both were bat. Look at how Jordan's #23 lines up against the Wizards letters-not even close. For the Williams jersey, look how close the NBA tag is to the Jazz letters-hardly any space at all between them. Look at the Getty photos-tons of space between them. The Jazz only wore those jerseys for 10 games last year and I found photos from every single game. Not one jersey had letters that close to the NBA logo. The Jordan jersey went for 4000+. The Williams jersey went for 3500.00. Geez! That's the only 2 I searched. I wonder how many others were bad. Here's the proof:
Greg

ahuff
12-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I contacted a Jazz representative, last season, trying to obtain any game used item. I was told that no recent game items were sold, by them, nor were there any plans to do so. I know Wayne Otto use to be able to purchase them. However, I don't know if that would still be the case. I'm taking the Jazz at their word, and staying away from any recent stuff - Period. I guess this Grey Flannel auction proves my stance. That is great research. I know I have contacted GF in the past, about a Jake Peavy jersey. They told me "it is legit, because it comes from an impecable source". However, they wouldn't tell me what source. I don't care if they give out names, but at least say an NBA GM, clubhouse attendant, or a guy working at McDonalds.

33bird
12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
That's true. Wayne did get A LOT of their 2004-2006 stuff. BUT I haven't seen one jazz game used item from the 2006-07 season. I WISH the Williams jersey was real because I really wanted that jersey, but it wasn't.
Greg

mfsquirrelmaster
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/DERON-WILLIAMS-GAME-USED-ROOKIE-05-06-UTAH-JAZZ-UNIFORM_W0QQitemZ150191800450QQihZ005QQcategoryZ50 135QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Williams rookie jersey from Wayne Otto

worldchamps
08-16-2008, 06:39 PM
i know this is an old thread but i was looking at the Deron williams rookie jersey....i looked all over getty and have not been able to find any pictures of a Williams jersey that has D.Williams on the back???? I looked at the roster and couldnt find any other Williams on the team???

costas
08-19-2008, 09:13 AM
I was about to purchase something from Grey Flannel, but thank you for this thread for making one more cautious about doing their research first

worldchamps
08-19-2008, 09:41 AM
I was actually refering to the jersey for sale on Wayne Otto site. These are suppose to be direct from the team, yet all pics on getty show Williams on the back, and I looked at the roster and could not find another Williams playing for them that season?

trsent
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
I was about to purchase something from Grey Flannel, but thank you for this thread for making one more cautious about doing their research first

What were you going to purchase? Include a link to it and maybe the users on this great forum can help you determine if the item is genuine or if it has any questions.

costas
08-19-2008, 01:44 PM
What were you going to purchase? Include a link to it and maybe the users on this great forum can help you determine if the item is genuine or if it has any questions.

sure and hi trsent! the jersey is 1989 Hakeem Olajuwon Houston Rockets Game-Used Road Jersey

trsent
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
sure and hi trsent! the jersey is 1989 Hakeem Olajuwon Houston Rockets Game-Used Road Jersey

Here is a link to the jersey: http://www.greyflannel.com/sales_main_Detail.php?picpage=1&updateID=3147

Anyone care to chime in with an opinion?

costas
08-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Here is a link to the jersey: http://www.greyflannel.com/sales_main_Detail.php?picpage=1&updateID=3147

Anyone care to chime in with an opinion?

thank you trsent, do you know where would be a good place to get photo matches for this?

trsent
08-19-2008, 04:44 PM
thank you trsent, do you know where would be a good place to get photo matches for this?

Most of us use Getty images to "style" match at http://www.gettyimages.com/Editorial/Editorial.aspx?pg=1