PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed....

PK
12-06-2007, 11:19 AM
I have the opportunity to purchase a StL Cards jersey from this year and have my choice of home or road at the same price. Cards do not use set tags and was told that players got 3 jersys so I do not know when exactly they were worn. Both show light wash use with fraying, puckering. The road shows a little more use with a small stain that could be pine tar or somethng.

My question is, does the WS champions patch on the home add more value vs. the roads? Also player made MLB debut and all firsts including hit, rbi and hr in the road jersey.

Thanks

Matt

suave1477
12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Well its really all a matter of desire in my opinion. You can never truly say which is more valuable, but most people do tend to lean more towards wanting a home Jersey vs a Road, but if the Road Jersey you have was the actual Jersey when the person made his debut I would say that would have more interest.
If your just comparing a Road Jersey to having any value bcuz when the player made his debut in a Road Jersey, thats not gonna make much of a difference.
Patches normally do add a bit more value to a Jersey, but I don't think its gonna make a difference whether its on a home or road. It just matters what the next collector is looking for.

So after all is said and done get the one that is most interesting to you.

bigtruck260
12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase a StL Cards jersey from this year and have my choice of home or road at the same price. Cards do not use set tags and was told that players got 3 jersys so I do not know when exactly they were worn. Both show light wash use with fraying, puckering. The road shows a little more use with a small stain that could be pine tar or somethng.

My question is, does the WS champions patch on the home add more value vs. the roads? Also player made MLB debut and all firsts including hit, rbi and hr in the road jersey.

Thanks

Matt

Matt - is it Ryan or Barden? I am a Cards fan and I live in STL, so for me - I would prefer home stuff. BUT, these days, Cards memorabilia is getting tough to find - so get what you WANT now. IF you have the $$ for both, pick 'em up. Someone will buy the other from you.

Dave

bigtruck260
12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I am guessing Ryan since I don't remeber Barden homering...

If it's neither, oops.