PDA

View Full Version : Need proof that 49ers NEVER wore Authentic Wilson ProLine tags (vs. Prestige tags)

jonpaulmoen
12-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Can anyone direct me to a link here or elsewhere that would help me settle a dispute regarding Wilson tags? That is, I know that the 49ers in the 90s only wore Wilson jerseys with the Tailored Exclusively for Prestige Teams by Wilson. Am I correct? I have a person who claims that they wore the Authentic NFL Proline tags also? As far as I know, the jerseys with the ProLine tags never hit the field. Please help. Thanks
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb220/steadyeddie33/Wilsontags.jpg

mchmaj
12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
ALL of the PROLINE on the wilson tagging is from stores and i called it store brought jerseys. Sometime wilson tag without proline comes from store too.. u have to research to find if the wilson tag without proline is game worn or issued
good luck
marcus

jonpaulmoen
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
ALL of the PROLINE on the wilson tagging is from stores and i called it store brought jerseys. Sometime wilson tag without proline comes from store too.. u have to research to find if the wilson tag without proline is game worn or issued
good luck
marcus

O.k. that made no sense. If you would have read my thread, I was refering to SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS JERSEYS ONLY in the 90s, not all jerseys from every team. Thanks anyways.

How about this, would Jerry Rice, in the early to mid 90s, have ever worn a Wilson jersey with the ProLine tag? If so, and you know of a source, hopefully with a photo, I would be GRATEFUL if I could get that source or link. Thanks

mvandor
12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I believe he said the PROLINE tag signified retail for ALL teams, which necessarily would include the 49ers.

mchmaj
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
good luck
marcus

i am speaking of 49ers between wilson proline taggings VS the wilson taggings.

mchmaj
12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
O.k. that made no sense. If you would have read my thread, I was refering to SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS JERSEYS ONLY in the 90s, not all jerseys from every team. Thanks anyways.

How about this, would Jerry Rice, in the early to mid 90s, have ever worn a Wilson jersey with the ProLine tag? If so, and you know of a source, hopefully with a photo, I would be GRATEFUL if I could get that source or link. Thanks
Jerry Rice and the 49ers NEVER wears proline on the wilson taggings....NO BUT OR IF :)
and it culd help u better, Jerry Rice worn CUFFS, the tighting bands at the end of the sleeves in the 1990s.

RKGIBSON
12-06-2007, 09:38 PM
As a long time 49er collector, I have not seen anything but the Wilson Prestige tag. Attached are some from the late 80's into the 90's. Hope this helps.

Roger