PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant / Nike Kobe Zoom 2 Lite Shoes

DConLA
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello Kobe Fans,

I just wanted to share my thoughts and information regarding Kobe Bryant’s current shoe situation. We all know Kobe has his own line of shoes with Nike but what some of you may not know is that Kobe should be wearing his new Kobe Zoom 2 Lite shoes during the first half of this current 07-08 season but he is not. He wore the Zoom 2 Lite home version during the pre-season and because all of the pre-season games were home games he only got to wear the road version in practice. Instead of continuing to wear the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite on opening day he opted to wear a completely different kind of shoe that is not even from his line. Kobe went back to a shoe he wore three years ago before he had his own shoe, Nike’s 2K4 Laser Huarache and this is the shoe he is still continuing to wear. I have never heard of a star athlete of Kobe’s caliber virtually dissing his own line to wear a shoe that’s not even his own. The obvious question comes to mind why would he do this? The only reason I can assume is that in comparison the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite is a much heavier shoe then the Huarache 2K4.

Now for all you KB Shoe fans out there what this means is since Kobe stopped wearing the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite he instantly made his game model Zoom Kobe 2 Lite’s one of the rarest shoes in his line especially the all black road version. Now the store models are different then the game models, allow me to point out 2 major differences. Of course the game models have custom sample tagging and the most notable difference is Kobe’s 24 logo is lasered in gold on the side near the heel. My advice is if you see a pair of homes and especially roads jump all over it. I have managed to obtain 3 pairs of the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite for myself (1. Home dual signed pre-season worn, 2. Home Team Issued un-worn and 3. Road all black team issued). Below are pictures of Kobe wearing the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite’s during pre-season and Kobe wearing the all black roads during practice. The other pictures are of the game models home and road and a pic of the store models.

cammy collector
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
DConLA

from info Ive gathered from some guys who are close to Nike, the one main reason for the change is the promotion of the new 2K4 Lasers. Nike recently re-released the Laser so they switched Kobe to them to try to boost sales. turns out, an athlete of Kobe's caliber doesn't control what shoes he wears, even when he has his own signature line. Nike hand delivers them to the athlete, essentially forcing them to wear whatever the marketing dept chooses. hope that helps a little

-Mike

DConLA
12-07-2007, 01:59 AM
DConLA

from info Ive gathered from some guys who are close to Nike, the one main reason for the change is the promotion of the new 2K4 Lasers. Nike recently re-released the Laser so they switched Kobe to them to try to boost sales. turns out, an athlete of Kobe's caliber doesn't control what shoes he wears, even when he has his own signature line. Nike hand delivers them to the athlete, essentially forcing them to wear whatever the marketing dept chooses. hope that helps a little

-Mike
I'LL JUST HAVE ONE OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM ASK KOBE WHATS UP WITH HIS SHOES. SHOULD HAVE HIS ANSWER BY SUNDAY MONDAY AT THE LATEST.I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NIKE STOPPING KOBE FROM PROMOTING HIS OWN LINE OF SHOES KOBE 2 LITES IN FAVOR OF A SHOE THAT'S NOT HIS LINE 2K4 WE WILL SEE.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

dwolfe12345
12-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I have a question for you. I just got into the game used shoe collecting, but one thing I have noticed is there are a ton of "game used" shoes from KObe and Lebron. Obviously they can't all be real, or those two give away every pair they play in. How can I tell if their shoes are Player Exclusives or a regular shoe from their lines? I've been told places like House of Hoops sell player exclusives, so couldnt someone just go into that store and slap those shoes on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LeBron-James-Game-Worn-USED-Sneakers-Shoes_W0QQitemZ130179044419QQihZ003QQcategoryZ5013 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lakers-Game-Used-Worn-Nike-Basketball-Shoes_W0QQitemZ180190895761QQihZ008QQcategoryZ5013 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lakers-Game-Used-Worn-Nike-2K4-PE-Shoes_W0QQitemZ290189186524QQihZ019QQcategoryZ5013 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There were another pair of Kobe's that went off yesterday, but these are just examples. I would think mroe scrub shoes would be on Ebay, but it always seems like there are more Melo's, AI, Kobe's, and Lebron's than anyone.

Mac670
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I have a question for you. I just got into the game used shoe collecting, but one thing I have noticed is there are a ton of "game used" shoes from KObe and Lebron. Obviously they can't all be real, or those two give away every pair they play in. How can I tell if their shoes are Player Exclusives or a regular shoe from their lines? I've been told places like House of Hoops sell player exclusives, so couldnt someone just go into that store and slap those shoes on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LeBron-James-Game-Worn-USED-Sneakers-Shoes_W0QQitemZ130179044419QQihZ003QQcategoryZ5013 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lakers-Game-Used-Worn-Nike-Basketball-Shoes_W0QQitemZ180190895761QQihZ008QQcategoryZ5013 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lakers-Game-Used-Worn-Nike-2K4-PE-Shoes_W0QQitemZ290189186524QQihZ019QQcategoryZ5013 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There were another pair of Kobe's that went off yesterday, but these are just examples. I would think mroe scrub shoes would be on Ebay, but it always seems like there are more Melo's, AI, Kobe's, and Lebron's than anyone.

I know the third pair is being sold by Dan.
The second pair coming from California Sports Investments looks good. Dan can you tell us if you do business with California Sports Investments? I see they have had game used Kobe Jerseys and shoes and other Laker memorabilia. :)

dwolfe12345
12-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm not questioning those pairs, I am just saying that those players turn up alot. It's just hard to tell if all of those pairs are game used or player exclusives

DConLA
12-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm not questioning those pairs, I am just saying that those players turn up alot. It's just hard to tell if all of those pairs are game used or player exclusives
I GET ABOUT 20 TO 25 PAIR A SEASON OF HOME AND ROADS OF KOBE SHOES MOST ARE GAME WOREN PE SHOES AND SOME ARE TEAM ISSUED PE'S ABOUT 6 OR 7 PAIR OF KOBE'S ISSUED PE'S. KOBE GETS ABOUT A 100 PAIRS A SEASON AND HE USES A NEW PAIR EVERY GAME.

DAN 323257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

DConLA
12-12-2007, 01:42 PM
THE SHOES ON POSTS 4/5 ARE ALL GOOD. DO I DO BUSINESS WITH CSI WE DON'T WORK TOGETHER.BUT ALWAYS BUY FROM SOMEONE YOU TRUST AND WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS SELLING.

DConLA
12-14-2007, 04:29 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
MY INFO SAIDS THAT KOBE WILL BE USING HIS NEW SHOE BY XMAS. THE KOBE THREE

DConLA
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
just got more KOBE SHOES 2K4S AUTO'D AND KOBE 3 LITES TEAM ISSUED. AS I SAID I GET ABOUT 25 TO 30 PAIR OF KOBE SHOES A SEASON.

DConLA
12-21-2007, 07:11 AM
KOBE FANS
EXPECT TO SEE KOBES NEW SHOES ON CHRISTMAS DAY VS THE SUNS. THE KOBE 3'S

TheKobeCollection
12-22-2007, 03:04 AM
KOBE FANS
EXPECT TO SEE KOBES NEW SHOES ON CHRISTMAS DAY VS THE SUNS. THE KOBE 3'S

Actually, Kobe started wearing the new ZKIIIs last night versus the Cavs (black colorway) and again tonight versus the Sixers (Lakers/white colorway). He'll do the same for Sunday's game versus the Knicks. I'm sure he'll sport the ZKIIIs for the rest of the season.

For those interested in purchasing these sneakers, they will go on sale on
Feb. 8, 2008, with a limited number being released before this date.

Jarik

DConLA
12-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Actually, Kobe started wearing the new ZKIIIs last night versus the Cavs (black colorway) and again tonight versus the Sixers (Lakers/white colorway). He'll do the same for Sunday's game versus the Knicks. I'm sure he'll sport the ZKIIIs for the rest of the season.

For those interested in purchasing these sneakers, they will go on sale on
Feb. 8, 2008, with a limited number being released before this date.

Jarik
THANKS JARIK
I DIDN'T GET TO SEE EITHER GAME I WAS OUT X-MAS SHOPPING.BUT LAST NIGHT I GOT A PAIR OF HIS NEW PROMO TEAM ISSUED KOBE 3'S THEY ARE SWEET.THANKS JARIK FOR THE INFO.

TheKobeCollection
12-23-2007, 06:14 AM
THANKS JARIK
I DIDN'T GET TO SEE EITHER GAME I WAS OUT X-MAS SHOPPING.BUT LAST NIGHT I GOT A PAIR OF HIS NEW PROMO TEAM ISSUED KOBE 3'S THEY ARE SWEET.THANKS JARIK FOR THE INFO.

Nice pickup, Dan. Do you mind sharing a photo of these shoes with us?

DConLA
12-25-2007, 04:50 AM
WELL KOBE FANS MERRY CHRISTMAS
YEAH YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR TODAY TO SEE KOBE 'S NEW SHOES THE KOBE 3'S HE WORE THEM ON HIS LAST ROAD TRIP.I'LL POST SOME PICS AFTER TODAY.HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND I HOPE SANTA BROUGHT YOU SOMETHING NEW FROM KOBE LAND.

jayt1234
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
They just sold for quite a bit of money on Ebay. Was this because of the autograph, or are these shoes that rare?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360008108890&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/cd/e0/b59e_12.JPG

worldchamps
01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
See those are shoes that were signed at the store, not game used shoes.....how many of those will turn up as game used shoes?????

That is why I am so skeptical on any Kobe shoes, I want a pair real bad, but I can't believe all of these that are out there could possibly be game worn shoes.

The other bad thing is, they are signed in blue sharpie.....that auto will totally bleed in the next few years. If you have ever seen white panel footballs signed in blue the same thing happens on shoes.

ALways use black or silver on shoes, as an FYI

DConLA
01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
HELLO KOBE SHOE FREAKS
YES THE KOBE 2 LITES ARE VERY RARE HE ONLY WORE THEM IN PRESEASON THIS YEAR AND ONLY THE HOMES HE NEVER USED THE ROADS EXCEPT IN PRACTICE DURING THE PRESEASON.JUST READ POST 1 I HAVE A PAIR OF GAMERS THAT ARE AUTO'D AND A PAIR OF ROADS TEAM ISSUED NONE AUTO'D.KOBE STOPED WEARING THIS SHOE AT THE END OF THE PRESEASON AND STARTED TO WEAR 2K4'S WITCH HE WORE TILL HIS KOBE 3'S IN PHILLY.AS FAR AS I KNOW I HAVE THE ONLY PAIR OF KOBE 2 LITES GAME USED AND AUTO'D OUT THERE AND I HAVE A COUPLE OF TEAM TEAM ISSUED HOME AND ROADS.

TheKobeCollection
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
They just sold for quite a bit of money on Ebay. Was this because of the autograph, or are these shoes that rare?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360008108890&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/cd/e0/b59e_12.JPG

These shoes are in fact that rare, evident from what the auction seller and Dan have noted. The autograph definitely adds to the premium paid but not that much. Kobe's Zoom I and II Auto'd PE Editions (not game-used) sell for far less. Not sure how the seller obtained these shoes but I doubt it was from The House of Hoops event, as that event was for the release of the Zoom III's. They must have got it elsewhere and brought it to the event to have Kobe sign.

DConLA
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
HELLO KOBE FANS,

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF A PAIR OF GAME WORN ZOOM KOBE 3’S THAT KOBE RECENTLY WORE DURING THE 2007-08 NBA SEASON.

DConLA
01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
See those are shoes that were signed at the store, not game used shoes.....how many of those will turn up as game used shoes?????

That is why I am so skeptical on any Kobe shoes, I want a pair real bad, but I can't believe all of these that are out there could possibly be game worn shoes.

The other bad thing is, they are signed in blue sharpie.....that auto will totally bleed in the next few years. If you have ever seen white panel footballs signed in blue the same thing happens on shoes.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE ONLY 8 PRESEASON GAMES AND I SOLD 2 GAME USED PAIR BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED AND AS I SAID I HAVE A PAIR OF GAME USED AND AUTO'D.IT IS A RARE PAIR.

DConLA
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM

IF YOU NEED HELP WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALL ME I CAN HELP YOU FIND A GOOD PAIR OF KOBE'S.AND AS I SAID KOBE GET'S ABOUT A 100 PAIR A SEASON SO IF YOU SEE ALOT OF KOBE SHOES THAT'S BECAUSE HE GETS ALOT OF SHOES EVERY YEAR AND SO DO I. I GET ALOT OF KOBE'S GAMERS AUTO'D AND NOT AUTO'D TEAM ISSUED AND KOBE IS THE MAN.great connection:cool: GO LAKERS

worldchamps
01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I emailed you a couple weeks ago to ask about the shoes in Bricol auction and you never responded????

I have spoke to you twice on the phone months ago for a lengthy time, and you were going to get back to me about my Doug Chrisite Lakers jersey and I never heard back from you???

Bill

rangersstars@yahoo.com

DConLA
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
JUST GOT MY 1ST PAIR OF HYER-DUNKS IT LOOKS UNREAL IT IS ONE OF THE NICEST PAIR OF SHOES I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE AND THIS IS NOT KOBE'S MODEL OF SHOES. NIKE MADE KOBE A FEW PAIR TO INTRODUCE THIS SHOE ON TV AND IN LAKERS GAMES.THE 2008 USA OLYMPICS TEAM WILL BE WEARING THIS SHOES IN CHINA AND SO FAR KOBE HAS ONLY WOREN THIS SHOE IN 2 GAMES A ROAD GAME VS THE CLIPS AT HOME AND A HOME GAME VS THE SPURS.THIS IS A RAIR SHOE THAT I WILL ADD TO MY COLLECTION AND TRY TO GET THE RED WHITE AND BLUE TEAM USA ADDITION.

DConLA
05-04-2008, 03:00 AM
HELLO KOBE FANS
WELL IT WAS ABOUT TIME KOBE JUST WON HIS 1ST MVP THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIS THIRD. I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT KOBE IS THE BEST BALLER IN THE NBA.VIVA KOBE U ARE THE MAN NOW GO LAKERS

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net :D

DConLA
05-04-2008, 03:30 AM
MVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVPMVP
SOUNDS KINDA NICE.IT'S ABOUT DAM TIME CONGRADULATION MVP KOBE GO LAKERS:D :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :)