PDA

View Full Version : Rams - Steven Jackson Game Used Helmet

aeneas01
11-30-2007, 04:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-STEVEN-JACKSON-Game-Used-Worn-Rams-Helmet-PSI_W0QQitemZ220178551715QQihZ012QQcategoryZ86829Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here's a "game used" steven jackson lid for sale on ebay. the first thing about this helmet is that it is without question an authentic rams helmet originating from the rams' organization - this is immediately apparent because, unlike the other nfl helmet decals that are very close to what teams actually use and which are readily available on ebay, the rams use a very unique and exclusive "horn" decal that simply can't be obtained from anywhere but rams' park. and while it's true that one can find rams decals (horns) on ebay, they aren't close to what the rams use.

so it's definitely an authentic rams helmet - but did it belong to steven jackson? and was it the helmet he used in the 2006 pro bowl as the ad claims? the following photos seem to confirm that it is in fact what the seller claims it to be - steven jackson's pro bowl lid...

jackson holding his lid at the pro bowl - note the area circled in red:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/sj1-1.png

a close up of the area circled in red, rotated to provide a better view - note the peeled decal near the helmet earhole :

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/sj4-1.png

a close up of the same area from the helmet for sale - looks like a match to me.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/sj3-2.jpg

Vintagedeputy
11-30-2007, 08:44 AM
wow, nice find.........and nice lid!

Jim

gridman80
12-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Interesting how a less than ironclad, photo matched item produces many negative posts, questioning the integrity of the seller, even though it may be 100% legit. At the same time, a photomatched piece produces almost no positive posts. :confused:
My kudos to the seller for offering a superb item to collectors..Keep this stuff coming..Real Game worn helmets are the toughest items in NFL collecting!!

scottanservitz
12-05-2007, 09:23 PM
That helmet is SWEET! I bet it brings in some serious $. Any quesses on how much?
Scott

lund6771
12-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I think PSI should be sending aeneas a Christmas present....without his post I bet this helemt wouldn't be selling for more than a couple hundred bucks

aeneas01
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Interesting how a less than ironclad, photo matched item produces many negative posts, questioning the integrity of the seller, even though it may be 100% legit. At the same time, a photomatched piece produces almost no positive posts. :confused:.

what is that they say? have a good experience and you tell a friend, have a terrible experience and you tell the world. and if it bleeds it leads. such is human nature i guess..

btw, what a tremendous jets collection you have - i swear, it looks like you looted the hof! also gm80, weren't you the one that picked up that beautiful game used perreault helmet? i didn't notice it among your other treasures that you posted.

I think PSI should be sending aeneas a Christmas present....without his post I bet this helemt wouldn't be selling for more than a couple hundred bucks

i'm up for that! or perhaps a little credit :). btw the helmet was sitting at $700 yeasterday morning and now it's over $2k...

aeneas01
12-07-2007, 03:09 PM
in case psi stumbles across this thread by "credit" i didn't mean an "atta boy", i meant a credit towards a purchase!!! :) :)

gridman80
12-07-2007, 11:29 PM
what is that they say? have a good experience and you tell a friend, have a terrible experience and you tell the world. and if it bleeds it leads. such is human nature i guess..

btw, what a tremendous jets collection you have - i swear, it looks like you looted the hof! also gm80, weren't you the one that picked up that beautiful game used perreault helmet? i didn't notice it among your other treasures that you posted.

i'm up for that! or perhaps a little credit :). btw the helmet was sitting at $700 yeasterday morning and now it's over $2k...

Thanks...You are right about the Perreault Helmet. I have it in another room with another group of Jets stuff including his jersey and cape from the same auction...I may be selling the helmet to fund another deal.. I have a 1965 Dan Ficca Jets helmet..Can't have everything...

B1SON
12-08-2007, 02:37 AM
That helmet is SWEET! I bet it brings in some serious $. Any quesses on how much?
Scott

It is definitely a nice helmet!

aeneas01
12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
looks like psi ended the auction early - an offer too good to refuse?