PDA

View Full Version : Common Courtesy

Neely8
11-30-2007, 12:13 AM
What is the deal with people who tell you they are very interested in something you have for sale, ask for pictures, ask all kinds of questions, and then don't even have the common courtesy to reply even after you've asked them if they received the emails you sent. This tire kicking aggravates the $hit out of me when I waste my time dealing with such people.

David
11-30-2007, 04:32 AM
I had someone who waited a week after my email to say only "I'm still mulling it over." I said, "Don't worry. I'm not interested in selling it anymore."

Emails do get lost in the mail and bounce and all that. The problem with people who don't respond with even a "No thanks" is the sender has no idea if the emails went through.

metsbats
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree with you guys. I hate when that happens.

A little common courtesy goes a long way. I 've have a list of folks who never responded to my emails so I know next time who to send and not to send responses to.

David

10thMan
11-30-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree, lots of people don`t seem to have manners. Keep in mind, this works BOTH ways. I`ve been interested in 1-2k dollar bats & the seller(s) never even respond.
Sean

David
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
From a personal practical standpoint-- back when I sold and auctioned and there would be the occasional delay, I learned that if you emailed asap to tell someone there would be a delay in shipping, the buyer would have no problem with the wait and thank you for the curtious email. In the same situation, if you didn't email to warn the buyer, the buyer would be mad because the item was late.