PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts about this Tiki jersey?

grandpahoo
11-29-2007, 03:42 AM
I'm apparently too dumb to figure out how to post a picture, but here's the link to the auction:

http://www.historicauctions.com/images/listings/69B25220-1111-B1F9-

The jersey is supposedly from the 2001 season. Based on the images I've been able to find, the Giants wore this jersey in at least 5 different games that season (Sept. 10, Sept. 23, Oct. 28, Nov. 19, and Dec. 30). I compared the picture of the tag to the picture of the Reebok tag on Jim Yackel's site, and they look the same to me. Having said all that, the jersey doesn't appear to have much wear, and based on what I've heard about about certain people involved with the auction, I'm a bit leery. Any thoughts?

Vintagedeputy
11-29-2007, 07:06 AM
When I click on the link, this comes up - "It has been determined that the site linking to ours may have unverified statements posted on it and therefore we have blocked direct linking into our site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to browse our site from the link below or contact us (http://www.historicauctions.com/contact/) if you have any questions"

Does that mean that Historic is blocking GUU from linking to thier site because Historic feels that the questions raised here are something that they dont want to be associated with?

Odd

ironmanfan
11-29-2007, 07:59 AM
When I click on the link, this comes up - "It has been determined that the site linking to ours may have unverified statements posted on it and therefore we have blocked direct linking into our site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to browse our site from the link below or contact us (http://www.historicauctions.com/contact/) if you have any questions"

Does that mean that Historic is blocking GUU from linking to thier site because Historic feels that the questions raised here are something that they dont want to be associated with?

Odd

Where have you been?....They have been doing this for some time.

Vintagedeputy
11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
guess I just never looked before....

pietraynor
11-29-2007, 11:33 AM
I purchased Barber cleats & gloves from the team website around this time period (2002-03) & recall them selling game issued jerseys as well. Not saying this is game worn or issued, just putting it out there. Even though his season was shortened somewhat in '01, I would expect to see significant wear on any of his gamers. The team issued COA's w/items stating game worn or issued. Jay.

grandpahoo
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I purchased Barber cleats & gloves from the team website around this time period (2002-03) & recall them selling game issued jerseys as well. Not saying this is game worn or issued, just putting it out there. Even though his season was shortened somewhat in '01, I would expect to see significant wear on any of his gamers. The team issued COA's w/items stating game worn or issued. Jay.

Thanks for the feedback. Many of the images of Tiki wearing this style jersey in 2001 show a significant signs of use (dirt, grass stains, etc.). That's part of the reason I'm a bit hesitant.

grandpahoo
11-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Also, you should totally sell me the cleats and gloves.