PDA

View Full Version : Is BP stuff game used

joelsabi
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
saw a nice texas games used hat of alex rodriguez. after looking at the photos of the hat i saw a photo of the COA and it said that it was a Batting Practice Hat and lost interest.

how many of you consider stuff used during batting practice as game used? Also what value, pricewise, do you give a batting practice item have in comparison to a item used in a game. for example a game used bat versus a patting practice bat. how much of a discount is given if its BP instead of GU

bigtruck260
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Just depends -with some players, BP habits are consistent (A-Rod uses blonde bats) and with others no real way of telling, right? Some have green from green ink on BP balls, etc.

I would guess that there are quite a few items in collections of GU stuff that are BP bats - no question, actually. Since without a photo match, there is no 100% way to tell if a player used a bat - unless you saw the player use it in a game and hand it over...even team letters are wrong sometimes ( I have witnessed this in the Cards team store).

If that is the case, I would rather have a BP bat that I am 80-90% sure that the player whose name appears on the barrell used it - rather than a bat with two ball marks that nobody really knows if the backup catcher used it -or the star player you are paying for. BP bats are OK in my book. I don't seek them out, but in some cases, it might be all you can find of a rare player.

Dave

JasonHalliburton
11-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I have a Ryan Zimmerman BP used and autographed cap that I bought from Locker Room Memorabila.

It is a rookie year used that has a TON of use on it.

To me personally, since I buy to collect, not resale, I do not care if it is BP used. I think it is neat to have the BP cap, since it may be the only one he used for home and road.

It was rather pricey, but again, that does not really matter to me.

In bats, I would much rather have a game used bat, not a BP bat. That is why I really like the MLB hologram, to prove which game it was used in.

scottanservitz
11-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I would much rather have a game used bat than a bp bat. There are no records or achievements that go along with a bp bat. But with superstars, affording a bp bat in comparison to a gamer will enable collectors with less funds to atleast own a bit of their favorite player.
Scott