PDA

View Full Version : Posada Gamer

kahuna23
02-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Anyone out there have any thoughts on this Jorge Posada gamer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8762654534&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1I am new to the hobby, it looks pretty good to me, but the " air dry " is something I have not seen before.

Thanks for any info,
Steve

02-07-2006, 03:10 AM
The "Air Dry" from Louisville Slugger also has intrigued me for the past year or so since I saw a Juan Castro bat for sale in the Reds Team Store in October 2004. I ended up purchasing this bat just to have an example for my collection. Until you posted this photo of the Posada, I had never seen another "Air Dry" bat, although a friend told me he had seen one before.

I inquired with Hillerich & Bradsby about the "Air Dry" bats. They told me that for many years, all the wood used for the bats was air dried in some sort of sheds. At some point, I believe due to the volume of wood required to make so many bats, they moved to kiln or artificial drying. The "Air Dry" is an option that can be ordered where the wood is obviously dried the 'old fashioned' way. It does not provide any added benefit to the performance of the bat, or so I was informed.

Have others seen any "Air Dry" bats or know when they were first offered by Hillerich & Bradsby?

Tom Duino
Aliso Viejo, CA

gameused
02-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Don't quote me on this but I think the Louisville Slugger "Air Dry" stamp first came out during 2003.

I included pics of a Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada LVS bats with the "Air Dry" stamp. Both bats were offered a while back on John Taube's website.

Bobby

eGameUsed
02-07-2006, 08:42 AM
I have a few "Air Dry" models, including Richard Hidalgo, Carlos Hernandez (pitcher), and Brian Hunter of the Astros. They did come out in 2003 but have not seen a model used since. Maybe Louisville Slugger ran out of the "old fashioned stuff" :D

Thanks,

Chris