PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has problem with American Memorabilia Auction before? need help!

swingmans
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi, Forum members..

Have anyone had problem with American Memorabilia Auction before?

I bidded Ishiah Thomas jersey in 10/18th but it was outbidded..

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=39098

But they rip off $701 from my credit card which I submitted in their homepage in 11/9th (Almost 1 month after auction closed) Without any notice.

I sent e-mail of complaint several time, but they never reply on it so far. So I need someone's help who had same problem before..

treasurechest collectibles
11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Having a hard time following you but if you were wrongly charged for an item then call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Hopefully its just a mix up and they didn't rip you off as you stated.

mvandor
11-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Suppose it is possible there was a prob with the winner, and he withdrew or was disqualified, and you were next in line. But no excuse for poor responsiveness on issues like that.

reed1216
11-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I would contact them by telephone. I had a problem with a hockey jersey I had purchased from one of their auctions about a year ago. It was supposed to have come with an LOA and it did not arrive with the item (the invoice stated the LOA was on its way). I emailed them 2-3 times over a 3 month span and did not get a response. I finally called them and they handled the problem fairly quickly by having Rich Ellis issue another one.

In a perfect world they'd be more responsive to emails. But given that they did eventually honor my request after contacting them on the phone, I think it was just an honest mistake. Good luck!!!