PDA

View Full Version : Why no hockey on this forum?

genius
11-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Is hockey banned as a topic or is there just nobody here interested? Can anyone recommend a good hockey game used forum? Hockey game-worn jerseys, especially vintage ones, really seem to command top dollar, I can't really figure that out considering its barely-major sport status. Anyone have any comments regarding that? Thanks!

both-teams-played-hard
11-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not a hockey fan, but I truly dig vintage hockey jerseys. The durenes, the elaborate logos...most are true works of graphic art. There are 2 active hockey forums. Is this a loaded question, or you really not familiar with those? I recommend that you start discussing hockey jerseys and let nature take its course. Hockey collectors are different cats, altogether. I assume this board was created as an alternative to the hockey forum(s).

gwh11
11-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Check out http://www.gameworn.net. It's a well-done site with a tremendous hockey collector's forum.
Guy

genius
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I have no idea about any other hockey forum. I bought a jersey off of a recent hockey auction and thought the stuff was really cool, but expensive. I think this forum is fun and I enjoy the jersey discussions but there hasn't been one post on a hockey jersey as far as I can tell.

I do have a couple cool old game-issued jerseys, one a Penguins Rawlings durene circa 1973 (I put that up on another thread) and a Seals Gunzo's heavy knit.

Have some 80's Pens gamers too. Have always loved hockey jerseys especially the older ones!

Is it the Canadian collector market that drives the hockey gamer pricing? It just seems out of whack with Baseball and Football. Basketball seems to beat to its own drum as well, GFC's auction drove some huge numbers.

BarryMeisel
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Genius,

Please find www.gameworn.net (http://www.gameworn.net) and www.gamewornjerseys.com (http://www.gamewornjerseys.com) and you will find plenty of hockey talk.

Take a look at those two Forums, and you'll find a whole world of avid collecting, energetic conversation, and a wealth of knowledge regularly shared.

Barry

genius
11-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Barry! I'm honored to have you direct a post towards me and I'll definitely give you a call, love what you guys are doing. If there's any way you can get some more production out of the Pens I would be grateful for that as well! Look forward to a quick chat, maybe we can drum up some interest here. Thanks! Jeff

Nathan
11-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Barry Meisel is terrific to deal with or just to talk to. He's almost as awesome as I am.;)

allstarsplus
11-20-2007, 06:15 AM
In Leland's new auction they have what may be one of Bobby Orr's last Bruin jerseys.

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=711&lot=549

Andrew

sammy
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Hockey is so boring, almost as bad as golf.

Perhaps that is why there isn't much interest on this site.

:)

B1SON
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think most will argue that its not a boring sport, but their jerseys are quite cool and very collectable. I live in North Dakota, one of 4 states (ND, MN, WI, CO) that actually plays hockey and I can't even stand it!

both-teams-played-hard
11-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Hockey is so boring, almost as bad as golf.

Perhaps that is why there isn't much interest on this site.

:)

I think golf is more exciting! I collect jerseys because of craftsmanship, logo artwork, materials and fabrics. Vintage hockey jerseys are the coolest in the hobby. I don't have to be a hockey fan to appreciate them. Hockey jersey collectors have a huge passion for their hobby. They are the straw that stirs the game worn drink! I don't know much about hockey, because I wasn't raised with it. Raleigh, North Carolina is my hometown, and their hockey team won the Stanley Cup 2 years ago...Don't make no sense! I live in L.A. now, and we have 2 local hockey teams that no one talks about.

lund6771
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree that hockey is definitely more of a "specialized" area of collecting...aesthetically they gotta be the best...I'm from Minnesota so I was skating before I was walking...

gamewornauctions.net has awesome auctions a couple of times a year..I just picked up 3 more incredible shirts in their auction on Friday...

Lelands' has a lot of nice stuff, as well as Classic Auctions...al very reputable

genius
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
What'd you get? I picked up the Atlanta Flames jersey (Rawlings durene), I live in Atlanta and needed one to go with my Falcons durene! I thought that auction was great but the jerseys are pricey!

lund6771
11-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I hear ya genius...I got a Dino Stars, Gaborik, and Stastny jersey...the nordiques Stastny is the special one because he is a family friend and whenever they came to town me & my dad would have dinner with him after the game...I once got a stick from him, but I was 13 in 1985 so I never asked for a jersey...my Dad will be getting this one for Christmas this year

lund6771
11-20-2007, 11:45 PM
the Dino was a bit high, but it sounds like it has the best wear that I've seen in a long time..Forgot to plug Meigrey as well...how does it get much better..sorry Barry!!!