PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell Report friendly reminder

byergo
11-16-2007, 03:54 PM
The Mitchell Report should be released before the end of the year. If you collect current players that you suspect are steriod users it would be wise to sell quickly. If not, be prepared for a financial beat down!

PudgePollyMillerFan
11-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Personally...and I mean MY opinion only.......who cares if they are on roids or whatever other juices are out there......if we stopped collecting players items that.......use steroids, bet on games, fight with the police, get involved in off field incidents, get arrested, use drugs, beat their spouses, drive drunk, assault reporters, evade taxes, stage dog fights, etc etc etc.....we wouldn't have anyone left to collect.......personally I think it's the lesser of all the above every day evils in sports......I don't condone it a bit....but it seems every day yet another player from some sport makes the news about something or another......I don't have much faith in any of them anymore.....

33bird
11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Don't agree at all. Steroids is flat out cheating. If everybody was using that's one thing, but a minority are using and it distorts the statistics of the game.
Greg

cohibasmoker
11-16-2007, 10:01 PM
well, how about the players that ....... don't use steroids, don't bet on games, don't fight with the police, don't get involved in off field incidents, don't get arrested, don't use drugs, don't beat their spouses, don't drive drunk, don't assault reporters, don't evade taxes, don't stage dog fights, etc etc etc..... these are the majority of athletes in professional sports.

PudgePollyMillerFan, have some faith there are good guys still out there.

Jim

Sheffield11
11-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I do agree that there are good players in the game, but I would not say the minority use steroids. There has been reports of about 50% of the League using them, and we will learn much more when the report is revealed. Also, there has been a few players already caught for using roids, no big time players. Is it really fair to say Barry hit all the Homeruns just because of the roids? I dont see any of the people who actually got caught for steroids putting up any big numbers. Its clear that he did use roids, but he was also a skilled player and probable 500 hr club and HOF member before the roids started. Really he should have just told the truth that he used and he would be fine, he isnt getting in trouble for using roids he is getting in trouble for lying about them.