PDA

View Full Version : How do I handle questionable auction items? (title edited)

DoctorLoomis
11-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I know...beyond a shadow of a doubt....with 100000% certainty....that a major internet auction house has and is selling items as game used that are not. I informed the owner of the site and he did nothing. What should I do? Once again....I am 1000000% certain.

PK
11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Give facts and just facts in a calm manner, nothing else. No bashing or bad mouthing. Be a straight shooter.

DoctorLoomis
11-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey PK...who do I give these facts to? Is there any reason to reveal this company on these forums?

RobSteinmetz
11-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Joseph,

Before you decide to question any items on this forum, please refer to the following post:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=11736 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=11736)

Failure to follow this protocol will result in your post being edited or removed. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at authenticgamers@aol.com.

Best,

Rob

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Rob....Im not questioning items for sale on this forum...but rather items on an internet auction site. There is NO question...I know with concrete rock solid fact the items are not genuine.

ChrisCavalier
11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Rob....Im not questioning items for sale on this forum...but rather items on an internet auction site. There is NO question...I know with concrete rock solid fact the items are not genuine.
Hello Joseph,

Sorry for the confusion. I think Rob was saying that there are protocols for questioning any item when doing so on the forum. In fact, Rob made a post recently that expounded on one of the forum rules about questioning items. First, here is the forum rule in this regard:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

In addition, Rob's post provided further guidance in this area. In that post, entitled 'Appropriately Questioning Items", we suggested the following:

1) Gather evidence and facts that support your claim. Remember, it's OK to ask questions on the forum without calling an item fake.

2) Follow forum rules and contact the seller before posting. Please remember to give that seller a reasonable amount of time to respond before you make a post.

3) Refrain from making unnecessary editorial comments or taking shots at the seller in your post. Whether you think the seller is a "crook", a "joke", etc., is irrelevant...state the facts and let them speak for themselves.

Please feel free to let us know if that answers your question.

Sincerely,
Chris

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Chris.....I will say this much and leave it at that. There is a widely known internet auction house that has passed two items as game used....both of which I know are not game used. How do I know? Because I was the original and first owner. I know where these items came from. They were given to me by a friend who is an executive with Nike. These jerseys were simply game issued...never ever ever ever used. I told the company about this and nothing was done. The sad part is some poor sap is out thousands of dollars. Furthermore, these items can not be distinguished from game used by ANY so called authenticator. As far as these two jerseys are concerned, I myself am the ultimate authenticator. I did what I thought was right and moral....and nothing came of it. If anyone on here in the last 2 years has purchased a game used Reggie Bush USC jersey....or a game used Matt Leinart USC jersey.....please pm me. We need to talk.

whatupyos
11-16-2007, 03:02 AM
I personally want to thank you for brining this up! I commend you!! I'd love to know who this auction house is so I can stay away. Sounds like you have 100% solid evidence since you owned the jerseys!! This auction house needs to be exposed and held accountable! Especially since you said you notified them and they did nothing. What was their responce? Just ignore you or did they give some kind of, you can't prove it type of thing? How did you contact them by the way? Email or phone?

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 03:39 AM
I dealt with this auction house on several occasions because I had them sell some of my gamers. Thus I know the owner well. I called him personally and told him of the problems. His exact reply was, "everybody thinks they are an authenticator." That pissed me off. I then told him there was no reason to ruin his name and reputation over a couple of jerseys that were going to make him about 1000 bucks of profit. He didnt listen to me and I will never do business with him again. Since I am not a vintage collector, all my stuff is fairly recent. That being said, I will no longer buy ANYTHING that doesnt include player, owner or league provenance. No exceptions. I dont care if Jesus and Moses both authenticated it.

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Chris.....I will say this much and leave it at that. There is a widely known internet auction house that has passed two items as game used....both of which I know are not game used. How do I know? Because I was the original and first owner. I know where these items came from. They were given to me by a friend who is an executive with Nike. These jerseys were simply game issued...never ever ever ever used. I told the company about this and nothing was done. The sad part is some poor sap is out thousands of dollars. Furthermore, these items can not be distinguished from game used by ANY so called authenticator. As far as these two jerseys are concerned, I myself am the ultimate authenticator. I did what I thought was right and moral....and nothing came of it. If anyone on here in the last 2 years has purchased a game used Reggie Bush USC jersey....or a game used Matt Leinart USC jersey.....please pm me. We need to talk.

How do you know these jerseys were the ones that originated with you? What distinguishing mark on them proved they were your jerseys? Did you initial them or something/ If not how can you show they were your jerseys?

Thnaks,
Dave

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Dave...that is an extremely fair question that I knew would be asked. The answer is two fold.....first both jerseys had UNMISTAKABLE markings....and I mean blatant ones. Secondly....the gentleman I sold them to is the one that consigned them in the very next auction.

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
As i said....if anyone purchased a Bush or Leinart home crimson gamer in the last year please let me know.

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 09:04 AM
What were the markings? Do you know the consignor, and did he tell you that he put them in as gamers? Did you ask him why he did that?

Thanks,
Dave

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 09:07 AM
I did not ask the consignor why he did it. I went straight to the auction owner...he did nothing. if you would like to discuss this further please pm me. I will be happy to detail. Did you purchase one of these?

DoctorLoomis
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I cant reply to your PM...please alter your setting where we can talk.

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 09:22 AM
I changed it...

yankees159
11-16-2007, 02:53 PM
How do you know these jerseys were the ones that originated with you? What distinguishing mark on them proved they were your jerseys? Did you initial them or something/ If not how can you show they were your jerseys?

Thnaks,
Dave

Like all of you, I have been wondering what auction house this was. Knowing that Dave is a represenative of AMI, I just happened to check their website and there are similar jerseys listed under completed auction items.

Does anyone know of any other aution company that has sold similar jerseys?

Thanks,

Todd

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Like all of you, I have been wondering what auction house this was. Knowing that Dave is a represenative of AMI, I just happened to check their website and there are similar jerseys listed under completed auction items.

Does anyone know of any other aution company that has sold similar jerseys?

Thanks,

Todd

Todd,

I am not a representative of AMI, but I can tell you it is not them. How about PM the person who started the thread and getting the answer before making a silly assumption...

Regards,
Dave

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Also, there has been about 5 auction houses that have offered jerseys from these players....

yankees159
11-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Great Point Dave I don't want to make silly assumptions, However I can recall your name being in an AMI Auction Catalog as a contributor or something like that. Why is this? Anyway, can you help me out, do you know of any other internet auction companies that have sold similar jerseys in the past year besides AMI?

Best regards,

Todd

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Todd,

If you want to know who, I suggest you PM the gentleman, and he will talk with you

Regards,
Dave

yankees159
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Great Dave, I might just do that. I guess you can't help out with my previous questions. That's OK, thanks for the discussion.

Best regards,

Todd

CollectGU
11-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Todd,

I just don't want to unfairly make it look like an auction house it is not by reporting who I remember selling these. Also, the reason I asked him about it was because I had a hunch on the consignor and I was correct...

Regards,
dave