PDA

View Full Version : 2007 gamer missing MLB logo and TPX

metsbats
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I just picked up a 2007 game used Jorge Posada bat which does not have the MLB and TPX labeling on the back of the barrel.

Did HB remove these from the back of the barrels during the 2007 season?

Thanks
David

AstrosCollector
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Maybe BMH could be of better assistance here, but I believe that some players specifically ask for their bats to made without the MLB and TPX logo on the back of the barrel.

BMH
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Need a picture of the bat. Jorge gets the TPX logo on the back of his bats. What usually happens is the TPX logo is the last operation in the Pro bat department. Sometimes the guys doing the branding forgets to put it on and that person is the same that packs the bats so he doesn't realize he did it. I'm surprised we don't make more mistakes than what we do.

godwulf
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I have a 2001 Curt Schilling Diamondbacks bat, a Louisville Slugger, with no logos. I think it's the only post-2000 LS I have that's like that.

metsbats
11-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Need a picture of the bat. Jorge gets the TPX logo on the back of his bats. What usually happens is the TPX logo is the last operation in the Pro bat department. Sometimes the guys doing the branding forgets to put it on and that person is the same that packs the bats so he doesn't realize he did it. I'm surprised we don't make more mistakes than what we do.

BMH,
Here's a photo of the bat. Appreciate any insight.
Thanks
David

BMH
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
That's a Posada bat that didn't get the TPX logo on the back by accident. Very dark FT on the bat just the way he likes it.

metsbats
11-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback BHM.

P320M is the model number. Does the "M" mean maple or something else?

David

metsbats
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
I have a 2001 Curt Schilling Diamondbacks bat, a Louisville Slugger, with no logos. I think it's the only post-2000 LS I have that's like that.

Thanks for the feedback godwulf!

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2007, 07:10 AM
That's a Posada bat that didn't get the TPX logo on the back by accident. Very dark FT on the bat just the way he likes it.

BMH - you lost me on the "FT" comment - can you elaborate?

Jim

brianborsch
11-16-2007, 08:04 AM
I think it means Flame Tempering? Flame Treatment? Something to do with flames since that thing looks toasted!

BMH
11-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, the FT is Flame tempered. Posada likes his bats dark to the point of cooking them!

The M stands for modified. He wanted to change his model in the handle some more, but we have a lot of other players swinging the P320 now and he is the one who requested the number "320", so instead of a whole new model # I just tacked the M on. He likes it, makes him feel special.

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the FT is Flame tempered. Posada likes his bats dark to the point of cooking them!

The M stands for modified. He wanted to change his model in the handle some more, but we have a lot of other players swinging the P320 now and he is the one who requested the number "320", so instead of a whole new model # I just tacked the M on. He likes it, makes him feel special.

That brings up a question. If store model bats are usually marked "flame tempered" and player models are marked "powerized", what does the flame tempering do and why does Posada's flame tempered bat still say powerized?

Have I confused you with my question? I'm confused asking it!

Jim

BMH
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
To simplify things...to many set up in the old days.

We don't offer a FT bat in store anymore and for some time when we did we had already stopped using the FT and put Powerized on the bats. As for Posada...it's the branding he's always received so why change it.