PDA

View Full Version : ESM Joel Zumaya World Series hat....where does all this game use come from??

kylehess10
11-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Currently ESM is auctioning off a Joel Zumaya game worn 2006 World Series Game 3 hat. It shows heavy game use with sweat stains all over the front of the hat but when looking at pictures from Game 3 of the WS, you can't see any bit of these sweat stains. The hat he's wearing in the pics look brand new even after he comes off the field from pitching 7 innings. I don't think any bit that the stains came from sitting on the bench an additional 3 innings so how could these stains get on there??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120180112414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

kingjammy24
11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
sweat doesn't turn to salt instantly. it has to dry first. once it's dried, the salt deposits (white stains) appear. in the pics, zumaya's hat could be drenched in sweat. after sufficient drying time, the salt rings appear.

rudy.

kylehess10
11-08-2007, 07:15 AM
sweat doesn't turn to salt instantly. it has to dry first. once it's dried, the salt deposits (white stains) appear. in the pics, zumaya's hat could be drenched in sweat. after sufficient drying time, the salt rings appear.

rudy.

Makes good sense.....thanks for the info

PudgePollyMillerFan
11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Hmmmm....I was just in Legend's Sports Cards/Memorabilia Store in the Lansing Mall today and that hat was in their showcase for $399. I am gonna call them tomorrow morning first thing to double check that it was from game #3 as this one is....but everything...and I mean everything is the same on it as far as the auto, inscriptions, loa from ESM etc.....something isn't right here unless he wore multiple hats during that game?.....More to come tomorrow when I call them....

PudgePollyMillerFan
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Alright....called the store and here is the skinny on the hat......Their Joel Zumaya World Series Hat is from Game #4......it does not have as much salt stainine on the front as the one on Ebay.....it comes with a ESM LOA and is on sale for $350......The autograph and inscriptions on the front of the hat and underneath are the same as the one on Ebay......just FYI....they told me Zumaya wore a new hat every game?........hmmm...that is interesting.