PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye for now.......

jon_8_us
11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Well this is a very bittersweet day for me.I have just agreed to sell my whole collection of Manny Ramirez and Red Sox memorabilia.I will be checking up with the forum from time to time and if the game used environment is suitable in the next year or so i will probably get back in the game.I badly wanted a brand new truck and this sale will make that possible.I will probably shed a tear when i hand all this stuff over as i have put much of my extra time over the past two years into it.I want to thank everyone on here for all the help and friendship i have recieved it is much appreciated.I'm not going away for good but my participation will come to a halt for the forseeable future.I will miss being part of this forum....
Jon

bigtruck260
11-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow. I always have the thought of parting with my stuff in the back of my head (like when I spend 4X's my budget). At least you have your priorities straight my brother...and I hope you get back two fold what you put in....

Peace.

Dave

jon_8_us
11-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow. I always have the thought of parting with my stuff in the back of my head (like when I spend 4X's my budget). At least you have your priorities straight my brother...and I hope you get back two fold what you put in....

Peace.

Dave

I about broke even.And it's not about that.It's about the collection i had.I was very proud of it.I had a ton of fun collecting too!From what i gather the guy buying the collection is a Boston area resident and a fan so i believe it's going to a good home.
Jon

suave1477
11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Jon I wish you the best. I hope everything works out for you. Don't forget to keep the fantasy baseball going.

By the way what kind of truck did you get?

Vintagedeputy
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Best of luck Jon.

7 years ago, I had to sell most of my autograph collection to finance my wedding and I hated doing that. I feel your pain. I had many unique pieces that cannot be replaced.

Jim

jon_8_us
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Jon I wish you the best. I hope everything works out for you. Don't forget to keep the fantasy baseball going.

By the way what kind of truck did you get?

I will keep the fantasy baseball,basketball,and football going as long as i am capable,which should be years!Once i get the money i will be getting a 2008 Ford F-250 SD Supercab.Very nice truck.At this point in my life i needed the truck more than the bats.It was a horribly tough decision as i am a single guy and have no wife pushing me towards this decision.I had to make it on my own which i never though was possible.
Jon

jon_8_us
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Best of luck Jon.

7 years ago, I had to sell most of my autograph collection to finance my wedding and I hated doing that. I feel your pain. I had many unique pieces that cannot be replaced.

Jim

Thanks Jim!You have been a great friend to me here on the forum.
Jon

worldchamps
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
WOW!! I am both shocked and kind of sad. I feel like we need to have a group intervention to try to change your mind.

I am sure you are making the decision that is best for you...but I hope you come back.

Bill

jon_8_us
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
WOW!! I am both shocked and kind of sad. I feel like we need to have a group intervention to try to change your mind.

I am sure you are making the decision that is best for you...but I hope you come back.

Bill

Thanks Bill...
Jon

richpick
11-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Jon,

I'm happy for you and enjoy the truck. A truck will be much more useful then a bunch of bats. Remember this, anyone can put a fantastic collection together in a short time if the cash is available. Thank you for putting the Fantasy leagues together and hope in the future you are able to jump back into collecting.

Richard