PDA

View Full Version : Had a quick chat with Marquis Grissom today about his game worn jerseys....

kylehess10
11-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I went to the sports show today at Turner Field and was browsing the signed jerseys and one of them looked to be game used since it had correct tagging, and was signed by Marquis Grissom. I went inside the Hank Aaron room where everybody was signing at and just walked up to Grissom himself and asked him if it was game used and he told me that it was. Then I had told him that I collected jersey's worn by players and I asked how many jerseys he would wear in a season and he told me how he has jerseys from each team he played for on his wall and he would wear 3 jerseys per season and would keep 2, then give away 1. Pretty neat info he gave me.

bigjimsguitars
11-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Three Home? I couldn't imagine that he would get only 2 home and 1 road...I would hope he meant 3 of each....

kylehess10
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I would hope he meant 3 of each....

That's what I assumed

bigjimsguitars
11-04-2007, 03:18 PM
It would interesting to know how many jersey's the current teams dole out to each player and if some get more or less....

kylehess10
11-04-2007, 03:21 PM
It would interesting to know how many jersey's the current teams dole out to each player and if some get more or less....

Well the jersey that I was talking to Grissom about was his 2006 Giants jersey

flightposite
11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I know the Twins issue two sets of each version (four versions) to the players and for the popular guys (Santana, Morneau, Mauer, Hunter) get six of each set.

Players get to keep one, the rest go to the pro shop.