PDA

View Full Version : O/T autograph I got Friday

OaklandAsFan
11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I know this is O/T but I figured some of you guys would get a kick out of it.
Friday night I went to the Arizona Fall League game in Phoenix. They were doing a Pat Tillman charity function and Frank Robinson was there. As most of you know my ex stole/sold/destroyed a significant portion of my collection when I moved out one of those was a baseball signed by Robinson that Ron Washington had gotten me when Frank was managing the Expos and had come to Oakland. I explained to him exactly what had happened and where I had gotten his signature from in the first place and he laughed took my baseball and signed it then looked at my GF and told her to keep her hands off my stuff if we ever broke up.

Then much to my surprise he hung around for another 5 minutes playing with my son in his stroller.

Again sorry for the O/T but I figured some of you other guys who had lost things to divorce would get a kick out of this one.

camarokids
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
I used to live with a girl who worked at Mons Venus in Tampa (right down the road from Tampa Stadium) . The place is legendary in Tampa and most likely all over the country . Funnest place I have ever been kicked out of :D......

Anyway , she ended up taking me for over 6K in 1990 , just before we split up.

My Snap-On Tools were all stolen and over 4K in US Coins were stolen as well!

godwulf
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I was at that game, too. I was disappointed that not a single one of the signed jerseys they were auctioning for the Tillman Foundation was game-used. Four of them were listed as "game issued", but the rest of them were just store models.

OaklandAsFan
11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah i was a bit disappointed in that as well. thats why I didn't say anything about what me and my mother had won because they werent game used.

My mother had me bid on a few of the jerseys which we won and I picked up that picture of all the Cy Young award winners autographs.
That Jeter model bat went for less that $500 bucks I was surprised by that.

Did you pick up anything?

godwulf
11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Nah. I thought about bidding on the Justin Upton jersey...I mean, it was for charity and all...but honestly, I really wasn't all that interested in owning it. Autographed or not, a store jersey is just a store jersey, imo, and I was pretty sure that it would go for something outrageous. They really should have brought out a few game-used bats from Chase Field, if nothing else - I'd have been happy, and all the DBacks fans would have snapped them up in a heartbeat.

Vintagedeputy
11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I used to live with a girl who worked at Mons Venus in Tampa (right down the road from Tampa Stadium) . The place is legendary in Tampa and most likely all over the country . Funnest place I have ever been kicked out of :D......

Anyway , she ended up taking me for over 6K in 1990 , just before we split up.

My Snap-On Tools were all stolen and over 4K in US Coins were stolen as well!

I put my ex-fiance through her first year of nursing school. I worked double overtime to keep us fed and the rent paid. After her first year, we broke up. She's now a pediatric emergency room RN and I'm looking for a job.

camarokids
11-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I put my ex-fiance through her first year of nursing school. I worked double overtime to keep us fed and the rent paid. After her first year, we broke up. She's now a pediatric emergency room RN and I'm looking for a job.

I feel for you Jim . I just chalked it up as a learning experience and the price paid to get rid of her . I am sure neither one of the "girls" will do better than you or I ......

Vintagedeputy
11-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I feel for you Jim . I just chalked it up as a learning experience and the price paid to get rid of her . I am sure neither one of the "girls" will do better than you or I ......

I'd have to agree!

Jim