PDA

View Full Version : World Series Jerseys

mailman93
11-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Does anybody know, if the players use one set or 2 when they play in the World series. I know in hockey, they play with the same jersey until one team gets too 3 wins. they then change over, so the players get too keep that one and the team gets too keep the other jersey. The reason Im asking is because of the 2000 World series Canseco jersey on VA. I checked gettyimages, and it appears his jersey doesnt have the MLB logo on the back. The one I have is tagged for the 2000 season, and does have the MLB logo. it shows alot of wear, plus I got a Steiner letter with it. I just want find out if its a regular season, with patch added on. If they do change over after 3 wins, then I would have the jersey he wore for that one at bat. I know its not a big deal, but I just want too find out. Thanks for your help. take care Dan

hippo916
11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
It probably depends on the team. But the 2002 Giants wore one set of road and home jerseys during the World Series. The players were given their home jersey after Game 5. Most players, except for five of whom I am aware, took their road jersey after Game 7.

suave1477
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Chances are its his regular season jersey if its showing a lot of wear, he had only one at bat in the world series which means he didnt have a lot of fielding especially since he was a DH. i doubt you would get a lot of wear from one at bat, he probably didnt have a lot of sets since he started playing for the Yankees towards the end of the season, he only played in 37 games. which is probably where all that wear would come from becuz he probably didn't have a lot of back up jerseys.