PDA

View Full Version : CSI said "Game Used" and "GAME WORN are the same thing." Is this true?

3arod13
10-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I emailed CSI about the below auction title and asked them is the item GAME USED or GAME WORN. This is their reply:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180175021871&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Thank you for your email. Game used and game worn are the same thing. I listed both since some people search ebay for game worn and some game used. A letter of authenticity from our company will accompany the jersey. You are free to solicit other letters from 3rd party authenticators (your cost) and we guarantee it will pass all inspections.

CollectGU
10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Tony,

I think game used is the more commmonly used phrase for bats used by players, although I think both are acceptable for equipment and mean the same.

Regards,
Dave

suave1477
10-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Well technically it is not the same thing but it also depends it was reference your using both definitions in.

Example:

Game Used or Game Worn Jersey, helmet etc.... - yes either would apply because you are (using) the Jersey/Hlemet during a game and/or (wearing) it during a Game.

BUT....

A Bat, Baseball etc...you cannot wear so that should be referred to as Game Used.

bigtruck260
10-31-2007, 12:54 PM
I have my own opinions about this.

If a player is on the DL for 3 months, and wears a jersey on the bench for the entire period..and THAT jersey makes its way into the hobby, I would consider it GAME WORN.

If the same player actually uses the jersey while PLAYING in the game (pitching, hitting, running, fielding, etc.) I would consider it GAME USED.

I guess that's why I stay away from jerseys, etc...things that can be worn. Unless the items comes off of the player's back (and you witness it) or it can be unquestionably photo-matched, I would never allow myself to believe it was worn in a game by that player. It would be a frustrating constant search.

I admire those of you that collect jerseys - and are experts at identifying use traits, tagging, etc. I just never had the patience or trust to start a jersey collection...

Dave

David
10-31-2007, 01:16 PM
If you don't know there difference between a game used and a game worn bat, that might explain your low batting average.

ahuff
10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
I think most of the responses are along the same path. Personally, I think people can make this mole hill into a mountain - if they desire. Like Suave said, obviously a player can not wear a bat. Therefore, a proper term would be "game used" or "player issued". However, if listing on ebay, CSI is correct. You need to have a listing that is going to result in more hits. The only way I see a problem is if the item is listed as "game worn", and there is no proof that it was worn. That is my problem with so many of the NBA jerseys. Even if the entire lot is purchased from a team, isn't it possible that particular jerseys might not have actually been worn in the game or on the bench?

Dave hit on a good point. Perhaps better terms could be used depending on the level of support an item has.

3arod13
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Tony,

I think game used is the more commmonly used phrase for bats used by players, although I think both are acceptable for equipment and mean the same.

Regards,
Dave

I think GAME USED is GAME USED. If you used a jersey in during a game, that should be considered GAME USED (Even though you actually wore it).

Would make it so much easier. GAME WORN should mean you wore it during a game, but didn't actaully play (sidelines)