PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury World Series Jersey

gameused
10-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Jacoby is keeping this one, he got his W.S. game jersey signed by all the players!

I think the Sox will trade Coco Crisp in the off season.

Bobby

bigjimsguitars
10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, that one will be proudly displayed and cherished by Jacoby! Thanks for sharing the pic!

kingjammy24
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
you'd think most players who've appeared in a world series would keep their jerseys. i'm betting most do. that's why i always get a little suspicious when a world series or some other significant jersey becomes available; i wonder why the player doesn't have it. even if they're the type that doesn't normally collect things, i think they'd appreciate the significance of their world series shirt.

that said, i also believe that legit world series gamers do come on the market. i can't quite understand why a player wouldn't want to keep their world series jersey or ring but i guess for some of them the items lose some of their meaning. maybe in 20 yrs, ellsbury will end up selling that shirt.

rudy.

suave1477
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
KingJammy I completely agree with you, for that significant piece of item that it represents how could you give it up??? Whether a World Series Jersey, ring, A bat to hit your some record breaking stat, a major award or anything else.

Hope this helps
Well from my previous expeirience when I spoke with some players about this, this was some of there answers.

1) Needed the money
2) Didn't care about the item
3) Gave the item to a friend or family member and they ended up selling it.
4) Item was stolen

Barry Lyons himself told me in the recent hurricanes of last year in Florida his house was hit and lost his 1986 World Series Ring. Imagine one day someone may find that some where and it's gonna end up on Ebay or some auction house.

bigtruck260
10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Funny you mention that!

Last week, MLB.com was trying to auction off Jeff Suppan's home 2006 WS jersey (no bids at $1000)...and they DID auction of Larussa's home gamer...at FAR less than I would have expected ($1100?)

For the historical significance of the Larussa jersey especially, it seems kind of low.

I wonder if players/managers are given a set to wear in the dugout JUST for these type of auctions. I would imagine Suppan has the jersey from the day he pitched displayed or locked away....

Dave

BarryMeisel
10-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi everybody,

Here's how we do it for the NHL teams we represent.

MeiGray serial numbers and tags two sets of home and two sets of road jerseys for the Stanley Cup Finals.

Set 1 in each color is worn until one team in the series has three wins. I am in the locker room areas before and after each game, checking numbers in and checking numbers out to ensure that the proper jerseys are worn.

Set 2 in each color begins once one team has three wins, until the series ends. I am in the locker room areas before and after each game, checking numbers in and checking numbers out to ensure that the proper jerseys are worn.

MeiGray, on behalf of its teams, markets the home and road Finals Set 1 jerseys. The teams retain the home and road Finals Set 2s, and in most cases the teams award the jerseys to the players.

We have seen cases where the team gives one jersey to the player, and uses the other for a charity auction.

Hope this helps,
Barry

cohibasmoker
10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Great shot. From the photograph, I guess Ellsbury wasn't letting that baby out of his hands.

Jim

metsbats
10-31-2007, 06:09 AM
KingJammy I completely agree with you, for that significant piece of item that it represents how could you give it up??? Whether a World Series Jersey, ring, A bat to hit your some record breaking stat, a major award or anything else.

Hope this helps
Well from my previous expeirience when I spoke with some players about this, this was some of there answers.

1) Needed the money
2) Didn't care about the item
3) Gave the item to a friend or family member and they ended up selling it.
4) Item was stolen

Barry Lyons himself told me in the recent hurricanes of last year in Florida his house was hit and lost his 1986 World Series Ring. Imagine one day someone may find that some where and it's gonna end up on Ebay or some auction house.

Hi Jason!

Welcome back.

Barry lost his WS ring in Hurricane Katrina when his home in Biloxi Mississippi was destroyed.

David

allstarsplus
10-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Jacoby is keeping this one, he got his W.S. game jersey signed by all the players!

I think the Sox will trade Coco Crisp in the off season.

Bobby

Back to Ellsbury. Great photo and it is nice to see a player not only keep his jersey but create his own customized piece of memorabilia with all the team sigs on it!

What a series he had. With a .438 batting average, he ended up with the highest batting average for all the Red Sox in the World Series with at least 3 at bats.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/stats/sortable_player_stats.jsp?teamPosCode=bos&statType=1&noHighlight=true&section1=1&timeFrame=1&c_id=bos&statSet1=1&subScope=teamCode&timeSubFrame=21&&sortByStat=AVG

Here is a great Post game interview with Jacoby after Game 4:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w_id=607018&w=mms%3A//a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/postseason07/pressers/102807_bos_ellsbury_postgame_400.wmv&pid=mlb_tp&gid=2007/10/28/bosmlb-colmlb-1&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_tp400&v=2&mType=w&urlstr=&mUrl=&type=v_free&_mp=1

suave1477
10-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Metsbats thank you for the welcoming.

As far as Barry are you sure? becuz when he told me the story it was before Katrina, or at least I think it was, but if you say it was Katrina ill believe you, you would most likely know more then me when it comes to the mets.

metsbats
10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Metsbats thank you for the welcoming.

As far as Barry are you sure? becuz when he told me the story it was before Katrina, or at least I think it was, but if you say it was Katrina ill believe you, you would most likely know more then me when it comes to the mets.

Sorry to be hijack this thread but me and Suave are rude NYers.

This was reported on the Mets website

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051222&content_id=1286333&vkey=news_nym&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym

I thought it would have been a nice gesture on the part of the Mets to break open the mold and make Barry a replacement.

Not totally straying from the post I think the Red Sox are going to have one of the best 1-2 guys in baseball for years to come if they stick
with Ellsbury and Pedroria as their 1-2 hitters.

rbalm
11-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Bobby,
How did you get a shot of him on the plane with his jersey? Are you affiliated with the Red Sox? Do you know if his home WS jersey is available for sale?
Thanks
Adam

ahuff
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I just found out the Rockies players kept all of their uni's from the World Series.

gameused
11-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Found the photo here:
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/10_30_07_flight_home/

rbalm
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the link. Some great pics of their trip back.
Adam