PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com Hardwood Classic jersey auctions

indyred
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Anyone going after any of these. Will be interesting to see what the LeBron James ends up going for. It's already at $6,500 with couple days left. So far Meigray has put up Hardwood Classic jerseys from last season of Cavs, Spurs, Hawks, Magic, Pacers, Nuggets. Will be interesting to see what some of the stars end at. The rookie shoot jerseys also are going down soon.
http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=87792681&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=88139391

beantown
10-29-2007, 10:38 PM
These would be going for more $$$ if the website was working....it hasn't allowed anyone to bid for days.....they're trying to get it fixed....

BarryMeisel
10-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi Beantown,

Yes, there was a glitch at NBA Auctions that did cause some problems, but we believe they have been fixed.

The Rookie Photo Shoot auction ends tonight, beginning at 9 PM ET. Hardwood Classics Auction ends Thursday, beginning at 9 PM ET.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the site.

Thanks, and good luck in the bidding,

Barry Meisel, NBA & MeiGray Game-Worn Authentication Program

worldchamps
10-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah it is up and running, I made 4 bids this morning...all of which have been outbid by someone else though :(

Thanks Meigray for all you do

Bill

Ozric
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I just tried bidding at 12:35 pm eastern time and it was not working...

BarryMeisel
10-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Ozric,

I would try again. We ran all our diagnostic tests at 3 pm ET and had computers in different parts of the country test accessibility and everything seems to have been fixed by then.

Please let me know if you are having problems. You can call me toll-free at 888-463-4472 or e-mail me at bmeisel@meigray.com

Thanks, Barry Meisel mGG

indyred
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
So is the bidder id exquisite613 a member here? They won every big name in the rookie jerseys that sold last night. Pretty sure that id won all the big names in last MeiGray NBA auctions of last years Euro jerseys of Shaq, Nash, Duncan, Wade... ect. Will see if they house a bunch of the Hardwood Classics tomorrow night. Also, the Golden State "The City" classics are up. One of my favorite looking NBA jerseys.

Ozric
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Barry, thanks for the note... I bid this morning and it worked perfect...

Thanks again,

Tim

Texans
11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Exquisite613 wins all the jersey. They won almost all the jersey last year and probably do the same thing this year. I will never be able to win in auction with this buyer around.

Jojo

BarryMeisel
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi everybody,

The Lebron James photo-matched game-worn 2006-07 Hardwood Classics jersey auction just ended.

The winning bid was $15,070.

Thanks from the NBA & MGG Game-Worn Authentication Program to everyone who bid.

We pledge to continue to bring the best in 100% authenticated game-worn jerseys, to the sports collecting hobby.

Stay tuned for our 2007-08 program announcements, and our next NBA Auction ... straight off the court from the NBA & authenticated by MGG.

Regards,
Barry Meisel, NBA & MGG GWA Program

worldchamps
11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Did anyone on here win anything?

90% of the auctions went to Exquiste613

IS Chu-ta-jp a member here?

I was unsuccessful in all my bidding

indyred
11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Exquiste613 took home several Cavs jerseys including the James and just a few Hawks and Spurs. Anyone else notice the extra tag on the James jersey? Seems Exquiste613 got his fill of Spurs jerseys from last years Euro auctions. Some nice prices on a few of the Cavs. Bidding wasn't nearly as high on the Spurs and Hawks. The Ginobili went for $1,361 and Bowen $522. Both Parker and Duncan were game issued so the prices on those didn't go crazy. I just looked in my notes at Spurs prices in the last Meigray Euro auctions and those were pre-season jerseys. Bowen went for $3,220 and Ginobili $3,520. Both went to Exquiste613. So these Hardwood Classics seem like bargins. It was fun watching the bidding war on the LeBron jersey. It went back and forth for awhile. I noticed to Worldchamps that bidder Chu-ta-jp took home quite a few of the lower end jerseys last night.
I'm really looking forward to next weeks Hardwood Classics. I like the yellow Golden State The City style and Black Orlando jerseys from the Shaq era. Denver white one's are kinda dull, but both and Iverson and Carmelo are in that mix.

worldchamps
11-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah I was hoping the Horry jersey would not get any bids, and then it would go to MeiGray's site. That was wishful thinking

I really wanted the Bowen pretty bad, but it went a little higher than what I wanted to spend

I almost wish they would not show who the winning bidder is, honestly there were jerseys I didn't bid on because I knew I couldn't compete with the winner.

Texans
11-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree too that I wish I did not know who the highest bidder is. If exquisite613 is bidding on the item you will lose. With so many questionable NBA jersey on the market this is the best way to get real game used jersey.
I will never get one through the NBA auction

Jojo

worldchamps
11-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Well Jojo, I wouldn't say never. I was able to get one from the Euro auction for a decent price. And as noted ,exquiste613 bid on all the Spurs jerseys then, but did not this go around, so prices were actually pretty good.

If you go to Meigray they have Mavs jerseys now that you can get in the $300 neighborhood for common players, and maybe even less.

At Christmas last year they ran specials. I was able to get Dirk and Josh Howard for prices that I felt were more than fair.

I check NBA.com and Meigray almost daily.

With everything in my collection, it is only the Meigray jerseys that I feel 100% confident they are real. With everything else, unless the player takes it off and gives you, or you have concrete photo proof, there is always going to be a doubt.

The jerseys I have got, come with the box scores of the games they were played in, and I have even been able to get photos off gettty were they match up.

Bill

Texans
11-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I know you can get jersey from the Mavericks any time through there website. I guess because I know there are always to be there I never bought a Dirk one yet. I bet if the Duncan and Parker werent game issue they would go for way more and exquisite613 would of won them. I would be willing to pay $1500 to $2000 for an NBA Star but if exquisite613 bids on it you are not getting it. I will bid on the Dwight Howard but he will outbid. I think thats why it is frustrating to bid. Here is your chance to get NBA elite players and there is no chance of you getting one. Sorry for the complaining.

Jojo

worldchamps
11-02-2007, 02:45 PM
You can get a dirk jersey from his MVP season for $1,750...or a Marquis Daniels worn in the NBA Finals for $750 i think.

If there had been a Dirk jersey on that auction last night, there is no doubt it would have gone for over $1750.

Since Orlando has never been on there before and D Howard is a young superstar, there is no doubt exquiste613 is going to be bidding on that one.

Just keep trying is my advise, but I think a lot of people overlook going directly to their site and buying.

sportscrazy13
11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I am the one that finished second to exquiste613 in the James bidding. It's hard to bid against people like this. This auction could of got really high but I knew exquiste613 was going to bid what ever it took to win the LB jersey.

This is the closest thing to a 100% Lebron GU jersey I've seen.

Texans
11-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I look on there site often too. Im a Rockets fan and wanted the Yao retro jersey but it was for $7500. Way out of my price range. I might buy a Dirk when they have the yearly sale.

Jojo

beantown
11-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I am the one that finished second to exquiste613 in the James bidding. It's hard to bid against people like this. This auction could of got really high but I knew exquiste613 was going to bid what ever it took to win the LB jersey.

This is the closest thing to a 100% Lebron GU jersey I've seen.

sportscrazy13....email me at cjarone@earthlink.net on Lebron James...thanks...

indyred
11-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Have to remember the MeiGray NBA game worn program has just started. Barry already posted in another thread in here that they have more LeBron gamers that will be getting sold. Here is his post.

Hi Eric,

According to information we've received through the NBA & MeiGray Game-Worn Authentication Program, consistent with three photo-matched game-worn Lebron James jerseys we have authenticated (2005-06 regular season, 2006-07 Hardwood Classics currently up for auction, and 2007 NBA Finals Game 3 jersey that will be up for auction soon), and consistent with the 2007-08 China Games '07 Lebron James that just arrived ...

Lebron James wears a Size 50, Plus-2 jersey.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Texans
11-02-2007, 07:01 PM
All those Lebrons will go to exquisite613.

Jojo

indyred
11-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Anybody get anything tonight? I can't believe someone outbid exquisite on the Grant Hill, although he did once again clean up on most of the Golden State City jerseys and other big names. The Iverson went for $4,500. A few even got no bids at $250, mostly no names.

melotime
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I got the Reggie Evans Nugs, this season ticket holder is super psyched:)

[img]http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder84830/img5749275.jpg[\img]

melotime
11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
oops

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder84830/img5749275.jpg